CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrisg

13th November 2012, 11:58
Hi Folks. I found this tough going this week. I really struggled with 14 across and I have never heard of this answer before. I am still not convinced with my answer for 22 across and I look forward to seeing what the regular RTers come up with
1 of 46  -   Report This Post

chrise

13th November 2012, 12:01
Hi chrisg
14 rang just enough of a bell for me to find it on Google.
22 I changed my first entry to a better one, I think - not English
2 of 46  -   Report This Post

magworth

13th November 2012, 12:41
I started off thinking it was going to be a doddle -but now stuck on the same ones as youIs 14 the name of a chess master? NOne I know fits. And Burns can`t be right for 22 !
Mags
3 of 46  -   Report This Post

chrise

13th November 2012, 12:44
Not a chessmaster, magworth - you're right about Burns (being wrong) thouhg.
4 of 46  -   Report This Post

magworth

13th November 2012, 13:11
I`ve got the poet now. Will stop looking for a chessmaster- thanks. It`s taken me at least four tries to access the forum; somethings gone a bit wrong. M.
5 of 46  -   Report This Post

magworth

13th November 2012, 13:40
Got through OK now. 14ac is Biblical- not an anagram as I`d thought! M
6 of 46  -   Report This Post

magworth

13th November 2012, 13:51
Me again - last time. All done. I liked 4d -
could hardly believe that was the right answer! M.
7 of 46  -   Report This Post

wally

13th November 2012, 14:45
Usual problems of my own making! Looking for a “sounds like” name of a travel writer (wrong!) instead of an anagram for a type of writer. Couldn’t see how black and white fitted in until I thought of THE piper. Looked for the name of a famous chess player (wrong!) Looked for the name of a male TV host (wrong!) Saw “number” as part of the anagram for 9dn (wrong!). But got there in the end!

14 ac is a biblical reference and it is an anagram!. 22 ac I found many poets with 5 letters that could mean “hit” I came up with one that could be a weight.

8 of 46  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

13th November 2012, 14:56
hi all
I am just about to start on the RT. I am part-caring for a dear friend who is not too well, so lots of distractions from crosswording. However, I have taken note of your hints (at the moment I have no idea what you are all on about !) See you later :) J
9 of 46  -   Report This Post

chrise

13th November 2012, 14:59
This is for mondrian, who I'm sure will drop in at some time.
I doubt if you looked at "Clue Chain" yesterday, but I set one that I was rather pleased with and you may like:
He painted minor works (4,8)
10 of 46  -   Report This Post