CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

genehunt

15th November 2012, 12:01
Hi chrisg,
You've probably got the answer to 22a by now, but just in case you haven't, it's actually easier than you (and I, at first) think.
You need to split the clue into 2 parts (as there are only 3 words, no prob!) one part is a dictionary definition of the word, the other, a fairly well known person, the answer, of course, is the same for both.
Bet you a £ to a penny that you get it!
38 of 46  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

15th November 2012, 17:42
Good to see I wasn't the only one struggling with 6 down.

I have just spent two days with no internet connection. What a wrench, considering the first sixty years of my life were spent without such luxury. However, the nice chap in India took me through a very complicated series of button pushings, and here we are, back on line. I marvel at the talent of people who understand the workings of these machines. It was morel simple in the days of the slate pencil.

Hope all are well.

P
39 of 46  -   Report This Post

bernie

15th November 2012, 17:46
I kept falling off the roof!
40 of 46  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

16th November 2012, 12:56
Nicely put, Bernie.

P
41 of 46  -   Report This Post

mondrian

16th November 2012, 14:49
Hello chrise. I read your note and I dont usually read the Clue Chain thing but if I have time this session(time limits in the library) I will try and find it. Thanks also for your reply on the previous thread giving me an update on your wild flower meadow.

Meantime I am glad to read that some of the rest of you are having trouble with this crossword.. I am stuck on 4D and 21A and one or two others. Hope you are all fit and well. Speak later on.
42 of 46  -   Report This Post

chrisg

16th November 2012, 15:17
Hi Mondrian For 4d think of flipping in terms of pancakes and what day this occurs on and for 21a think of the presenter of a sports quiz programme
43 of 46  -   Report This Post

chrise

16th November 2012, 15:22
Nice to hear from you, mondrian. Did you solve my clue?
44 of 46  -   Report This Post

mondrian

16th November 2012, 15:25
Sorry, didn`t have time to find your clue. But thanks for your help with the flipping clue!!
45 of 46  -   Report This Post

chrise

16th November 2012, 15:52
Different chris helped you this time, mondrian.

btw, my clue was included in my posting to you on this thread!
46 of 46  -   Report This Post