CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

theambler

11th November 2012, 21:55
Hi Rosalind The penny has just dropped! For 'closed' read 'open' not that it makes any difference now. Surprised I got away with it. Sorry. Thea
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

rosalind

12th November 2012, 11:47
Well now, Thea, that is a very serious offence (of which I have no recollection whatsoever!)
Confusing open and closed could lead you into a whole heap of trouble!
However on this occasion, absolvo te
:-))
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

mondrian

12th November 2012, 11:54
Rosalind. I dont usually read threads other than for Radio Times. However I noticed and read this one which led me to wonder if you ever managed to sell the beautiful cake you made for the Jubilee? I seem to remember you were giving any money raised to your local Church.
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

rosalind

12th November 2012, 12:49
Hi Mondrian. Thanks for asking.
The cushion was all eaten at our village Jubilee party. The crown was put on eBay but didn't sell (I'm not surprised, the "jewels" had begun to leak by then and the carriage cost would have been enormous, plus it was rather like carols after Christmas). At an exhibition of a local lady's wonderful quilts, also for the church, and sold slices there for people to eat with their tea.
You've given me an idea. A couple of years ago I decorated a Christmas cake in the style of Jackson Pollack. This year Mondrian!
x R
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

rosalind

12th November 2012, 12:52
oops Jackson Pollock, and it should be "and sold"
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

mondrian

16th November 2012, 14:53
I`ll watch this space for Mondrian as an iced cake!! Should be less complicated than the crown.
6 of 6  -   Report This Post