CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bobs mum

22nd October 2012, 16:27
oh dear, what's up?
1 of 13  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

22nd October 2012, 16:30
Hi bobs mum, she was nearly dropping out but managed to switch courses after a fight, and is thankfully very happy now. Yours?
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

22nd October 2012, 16:38
U never believe this.. the same.. but she cant change courses, we had tears tribulations and all sorts for 3 weeks --- rows etc --- she seems to have finally settled but she also seems to sleep until 3.30 in the afternoon and turn up for lectures 'whenever' It would be really interesting to hear from people who have graduated ans gone on to be v successful -- do u remember or have seen the American film Animal House??
3 of 13  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

22nd October 2012, 16:52
Think I saw it decades ago - is her life like that then? Sorry she's having trouble too. Mine had fantastic help from Student support and the Maths dept but the pen=pushing jobsworths in the School Office made life hell for her and were incredibly obstructive, making a traumatic time for her so much worse than it needed to be. I'll not call them what I want to. Hope your daughter settles
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

22nd October 2012, 16:57
Pity we cannot swear on the forum anymore as i expect i share ur frustrations. I hope she will settle-- she is coming home this weekend so we will be able to chat more. Is yr daughter studying maths?? wow if so i'm impressed -- cannot add 2 and 2 together on a good day!!!
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

22nd October 2012, 16:59
nor can she apparently, that's why she's switched! Lol.
How's the dog?
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

22nd October 2012, 17:12
dog is good-- i have got to take him tomorrow to the vets for an inoculation for kennel cough. He is such a wimp we have to have him treated in the waiting room so he does not know whats happening with the vet sneaking up behind him and a quick jab---- what a laugh--i take him for a lovely walk after as a special treat.. Mind u the kitchen floor is shot after all this rain and him bringing in mud and what not and when he shakes ----- !!!
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

22nd October 2012, 17:15
That's so funny - it's always the big ones who are wimps isn't it? Know what you mean about the mud - but we've got snow and ice coming by all accounts
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

22nd October 2012, 17:25
Snow and ice ??? Have not seen this -- today has been damp and grey and fine yuckky drizzle got soaked this morning out with the wimp. Yr right the bigger they are ...etc
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

22nd October 2012, 17:44
I'm off now bobs mum. Really hope things get better for your girl(we'll have to give them pseudonyms - Beatrice & Eugenie?). It's so hard being at a distance and worrying about them isn't it?
Have a good week, Mrs T x
10 of 13  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » @ Mrs T