CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

qwerty55

15th October 2012, 02:13
Just need help with last answer....

Question is Visited....I have the answer as SEEN, but two of my friends have told me the answer is BEEN....so could someone please let me know which answer I should use.....SEEN or BEEN....

Thank you qwerty55
1 of 5  -   Report This Post

kilowatt

15th October 2012, 07:15
Personally, I would put BEEN.
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

chrisg

15th October 2012, 07:38
Hmmm. This is going to be an interesting discussion point! Personally I would go for SEEN. I have looked on a few dictionary sites and Been is the past participle of Be and Seen is the past participle of See. You can construct sentences which make sense of both Been and Seen in terms of "Visited" but Seen has my vote. Albeit it looks like this is one of those occasions when it is down to the compiler !
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

chrisg

15th October 2012, 07:44
..I have changed my mind! I would go for Been!. For example: I have seen Moscow on TV but I have never actually been (visited) there. I am off out. but look forward to seeing what the consensus vote is later today
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

qwerty55

15th October 2012, 12:46
Thank you for your comments.....

I’ve researched further on other crossword solvers, I still keep getting the answer SEEN, the closest I’ve got to BEEN is BEEN TO, but that is two letters too many……..
5 of 5  -   Report This Post