CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

drumbeat

14th October 2012, 19:13
Hi Smudgy,
How is your wee dog Smudge keeping? Has he fully recovered from his seizure?
1 of 4  -   Report This Post

smudgy13

14th October 2012, 20:24
Hiya drumbeat thankyou very much for asking after smudge fingers crossed he seems okay back to being a cheeky wee monkey so looks like he on the mend , he has check up at vet tmmrw so see what he says , smudge also had a big back operation in 2010 and the seizure has hurt his back but time and meds should help that out and as it near impossible to get him to rest it taking bit longer.He was given a morphine injection the day before the seizure we wonder if that caused it as he 13 and never had a seizure before we may never know so just keep fingers crossed it was a one of would hate to see that again that for sure.
2 of 4  -   Report This Post

drumbeat

14th October 2012, 20:47
I'm glad to hear that Smudge is on the mend. At 13 years old, he's a pensioner in dog terms! I believe the average life expectancy of dachshunds is around 15 years so he's got a few more laps round the track to do yet. Did you know that the word 'Dachshund' in German means 'Badger Hound'? They were originally bred in Germany to ferret out Badgers!
3 of 4  -   Report This Post

smudgy13

14th October 2012, 20:53
Yeah i was amazed at the badger hunting smudge always been bit daft takes him all his time to find way round the house never mind hunt anything !.We had another dacky called sam who we lost a year past july and he was a month short of his 18th brthdy as vet said we did something right.
4 of 4  -   Report This Post