CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jimc

23rd October 2009, 00:48
We seem to agree on no.8 (until someone finds something better, I fear).

re no.21:
If you were to adopt a prog-rock focus to your search for the answer, you might see an eponymous 3rd album; this has an excellent 14 minute track on side B with a 4-word title.

JimC
28 of 36  -   Report This Post

mamya

23rd October 2009, 01:38
Will work on that thsnks

M
29 of 36  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

23rd October 2009, 09:13
JimC, do you have additional information to that given in the first post? To go from that clue (21)to the track you're suggesting seems an enormous leap of faith...
30 of 36  -   Report This Post

jimc

23rd October 2009, 09:33
Hi Bullfrog.

True, there may be several reasonable answers for the clue for 21 ("Maybe you can find them") and I won't be surprised or upset if someone points us towards a better answer.

In the meantime, the "focus" answer seems to me to work as it is quite well known amongst fans. And ... I can just imagine the clue-setter sitting there taunting us just a little with his/her original clue.

On the same note and to a greater degree, I bet there are several perfectly reasonable answers to clue no. 14 ("Travelling salesman must think this"). The 'correct' answer is anyone's guess, really.

BW
JimC
31 of 36  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

23rd October 2009, 09:53
Thanks, Jim. That's why I stick to cryptic crosswords!
32 of 36  -   Report This Post

mamya

23rd October 2009, 12:54
Have found the track to which you refer for (21) I can see a tenuous link and will use it if nothing else occurs to me, thankyou
33 of 36  -   Report This Post

celadon

23rd October 2009, 13:18
Apart from several already posted, any extra clue(s) for the following would be appreciated:-

42. Mikes mixed up wife broke her metatarsal.
34 of 36  -   Report This Post

toni

23rd October 2009, 14:08
Been trying to follow this thread but now so confused and still no nearer to getting any of the answers.Think it needs to go in the bin
35 of 36  -   Report This Post

mamya

23rd October 2009, 19:41
Well Toni just to clarify, I think clues are still needed for

27 A softest ark
42 Mikes mixed up wife broke her metatarsal

no number of letters and all titles begin with `A`
36 of 36  -   Report This Post