CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrisg

2nd October 2012, 14:09
Only had one answer I had to really think about in terms of parsing. Found the rest relatively simple this week. The TV programme in the shaded squares was one of my favourites. Good luck!
1 of 50  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd October 2012, 14:11
Hi chrisg
Not entirely happy about 5dn. I have a good answer, but don't think the "approach" bit works. Do you see a problem?
2 of 50  -   Report This Post

chrisg

2nd October 2012, 14:25
I agree but if you drill down a bit that part of the answer has a noun which means the same
3 of 50  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

2nd October 2012, 14:43
Hi
I have finished, apart from the old Queen.
This week's was easier I thought.
5d my thesaurus shows one of the synonyms for approach as the first 5 letters so I think it is OK. I have the politician as the last 4 letters so hope this is the right answer.
Beautiful sunny, warm day here. I have been observing the deer rut in the local park, but not a lot going on today. Did get a humorous shot of a red deer stag disguising himself with bracken. Hope all are well. J
4 of 50  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd October 2012, 14:45
I see what you both mean. It's a little tenuous, but I'm sure it's what the compiler intended.
5 of 50  -   Report This Post

chrisg

2nd October 2012, 14:45
...I should have said synonym and not noun ! Lovely day here jazzgirl - all set to change tomorrow. 3d is an anagram
6 of 50  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

2nd October 2012, 14:46
thanks chris. Got her as soon as I'd posted. Doh!
7 of 50  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd October 2012, 14:46
Actually there was more than one old Queen with this name, though Hnery IIs was the most well-known
8 of 50  -   Report This Post

chris4food

2nd October 2012, 15:24
Hi Jazzgirl and Chrises E and G
Whilst I thought this week's was easier than previous ones, I'm still two clues short of a crossword puzzle!!!
19d ---U-
and 22a R---
- any additional clues more than welcome....
So far it's taken me an hour and a quarter to reach this point, so good going for moi!
Weather in Sunny Sheff not so good - just had one of those short sharp sudden showers [oh, how I love alliterations....]
Hope you're all keeping well
Chris
PS for anyone interested, my visit to Rick Stein's Seafood Restaurant in Padstow was out of this world - the whole experience was fantastic - if you ever get the chance, book a table well in advance [and no, he's not paying me for this ad]
9 of 50  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd October 2012, 15:27
Rick Stein's sounds great - a very long way from here, though.
19dn "singular" is just S, the expression is facial.
22a Title is T, the music is a matter of opinion!
10 of 50  -   Report This Post