CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chris4food

2nd October 2012, 19:17
Hi Mags, sorry I didn't respond to your earlier email re assistance - busy cooking dinner - altho everything tastes so mundane after the Seafood Experience. Both my friend and I had a brilliant time, and as I said the food was to die for - I had a lobster & Fennel risotto with lemon oil for starters, then fillet of Hake a la Plancha [don't ask,]with Iberico Ham,Pimenton, Pardina lentils and Persillade Butter.... the pudding was divine - warm chocolate tart with vanilla ice cream and salted caramel - OMG, I'm salivating as I write....
We even had our photo taken with one of the Chefs, and he was so young!!! He didn't look old enough to be shaving Parmesan, let alone his chin!!!!
Hope you're keeping fit and well
Chris4Seafood and eat it......
20 of 50  -   Report This Post

xfan

2nd October 2012, 20:06
Evening all. I am stuck in the NW with this week's. Any Any advice for 8a and 5d appreciated.
21 of 50  -   Report This Post

xfan

2nd October 2012, 20:09
DOH! NE!!!!!!
22 of 50  -   Report This Post

chrise

2nd October 2012, 20:12
Hi xfan
8a is a double definition - what would a stretch of working hours be?
5d I already mentioned I'm not entirely happy with. The second part is a "generic" politician.

btw, chrisg, which one did you have difficulty parsing?
23 of 50  -   Report This Post

xfan

2nd October 2012, 20:26
Thanks chrise! Yes, the f changes everything! For 5d the first part is common in carpentry and engineering I believe.
24 of 50  -   Report This Post

wally

2nd October 2012, 20:35
I hate these short word answers when the only help from other clues are vowels as in 1dn. Is the answer a room which is a (cowboys’) drinking place without Old?

5dn is what a collection in church is often called.

And do any of you use the answer to 18ac in everyday speech. I came across it about 40 years ago, also in a crossword, and have never come across it since.
25 of 50  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

2nd October 2012, 20:38
I agree on all three wally .
26 of 50  -   Report This Post

chris4food

2nd October 2012, 20:47
ditto
27 of 50  -   Report This Post

tonyw

2nd October 2012, 21:26
I have been to the sea food restaurant twice and also his bistro around the corner.Both absolutely superb.But if you are in Padstow again please try Paul Ainsworth at number 6 .it is a delight in inventive cookery.And the man is a genius.(in cookery)
28 of 50  -   Report This Post

night owl

3rd October 2012, 03:05
Re: 6A. Got an answer that means "to some extent" but don't entirely understand clue. How does "normal" have any relevance?
29 of 50  -   Report This Post