CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bobs mum

1st October 2012, 09:48
Has anybody else had their format of this form change this morning --- mine looks different somehow--- bigger
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st October 2012, 10:00
My screen looks the same as usual. I am just wondering if you have inadvertently hit the button on your PC(bottom right hand side)where the size of the format can be changed ?
I sometimes hit it by mistake when scrolling.
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

1st October 2012, 10:04
Thanks jazz girl---a distinct possibility -- what key does that?
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st October 2012, 10:10
hi bob's mum
Are you using Internet Explorer or something else? If it is IE, there should be a little box just above the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. When the format is normal, it shows 100%. There is a "+" sign where you can increase the size of the format to 125% or more. It does not appear to be there when I use Google Chrome.Hope this helps.
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

1st October 2012, 10:21
thanks again-- i am using google chrome -- i will wait until "i'm indoors" gets home and let him look---mind u it's saved me from having to go to Specsavers!!!
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st October 2012, 10:24
hi again
With google chrome, there should be a symbol (at the top of the screen ) 3 black horizontal bars. Click on that and there is an option (zoom) where you can + or - the format.
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

1st October 2012, 10:32
Done it. Thanks jazzgirl that is much better--the world is back to normal. It was a "bit in yr face" that size and i have learnt something -- before 11 O'clock as well!

can u help with a clue? i have put an answer in but it cannot be right.

From the telegraph

Like this place? Me too! (4,4)

i have ?A?E / ?E?E,

Think i'm being thick again.
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st October 2012, 10:34
same here ?
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

1st October 2012, 10:38
Of course --- thanks i have finished now that was really bugging me -- have a great day
9 of 10  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

1st October 2012, 10:39
Have a good day too. I hope 'im indoors is impressed with your new PC skill :) I am off out with the brolly and wellies now.
10 of 10  -   Report This Post