CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

27th September 2012, 18:43
Finally got to try my new clubs today (very wet, but just playable). 39 first nine! 2nd nine not as good (argument with bunker on the 10th) but still nett 70 (par 73). Very promising!
1 of 22  -   Report This Post

andyc

27th September 2012, 19:06
He must be at the driving range Chris, honing his swing for tomorrow in case he gets the call. Ha ha.
2 of 22  -   Report This Post

chrise

27th September 2012, 19:24
Hi andyc
As circumstances (and bad luck) transpire, I'm going to miss significant amounts. It really is the most exciting golf to follow - some years ago, before I had Sky, I watched the final round on CeeFax!
3 of 22  -   Report This Post

andyc

27th September 2012, 19:34
I'm in the fortunate position having a minor leg injury and I'm resting it at present, so I'll be able to see it all.God bless multi-room, I don't think Diana (wife)will share my enthusiasm over the whole weekend!
4 of 22  -   Report This Post

chrise

27th September 2012, 19:50
Hope it's not too serious. How did your scramble go last weekend?
5 of 22  -   Report This Post

andyc

27th September 2012, 19:57
It's a hamstring/calf problem which I just need to rest. I thought I was over it but last weekend brought it back. We played OK in the scramble, it was supposedly enhanced by a "yellow ball rule". Players who had the ball which was rotated in the team scored double stableford points (2 best out of the four to count). We had 64 pts on the way out but only 44 on the way back...not good enough as I think 130+ won. The weather was good though for a change.
6 of 22  -   Report This Post

mrw

27th September 2012, 21:10
Sorry I missed you earlier, It was my turn to do dinner and wash up and I've been on the site for about 15 minutes and got the shock of my life when I saw my initials. Glad to hear you got out and you were successful,apart from sunday and monday its not been too bad here, I got out on teus and this morning. Did you get measured up for your clubs? I did 2 sets ago and it was remarkable the difference it made. Bought my last set about 8 years ago and it came down to a choice of ping or mizuno couldn't split them, it was only the fact the set I was replacing were mizuno that I decided to stick with them. I hope you have many happy hours with your new clubs.
7 of 22  -   Report This Post

mrw

27th September 2012, 21:13
Andy I was on tender hooks but the call didn't come,I could have done with a new jumper as well,and all the other freebies.
8 of 22  -   Report This Post

chrise

27th September 2012, 21:15
Thanks mrw
No, not measured as such, but tried a few and went with what I felt most comfortable with - transferred very well to the course! I think that the most important purchase might be the 38 degree "chipper", though.
9 of 22  -   Report This Post

chrise

27th September 2012, 21:16
P.S. I was (unexpectedly) on cooking tonight as well - after golf and lawn-mowing!
10 of 22  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » For mrw