CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lavender

22nd September 2012, 11:37
I have loads of answers but every time I try to fit tem in, I hit a brick wall. Please can someone give me a clue as to where to start? What does the reference to French directions mean?
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

22nd September 2012, 11:41
lavender, there is another thread on this where you must ignore my first clue re positioning - but the later one is correct, thanks to steelydon
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

lavender

22nd September 2012, 11:45
I'm sorry - I've read all the other threads twice and I still don't understand how I am supposed to start entering the answers. Does the answer starting with a "W" start in the bottom left corner going across? But surely one would not know that at this stage if I hadn't been told so how does one get to the next stage?
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

22nd September 2012, 11:47
No, W is in top R corner going d. I just took a guess, and when it all fitted I assumed it was right - but this way is correct
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

22nd September 2012, 11:48
All will become clear when the grid is filled in - but as for getting this without trial and error in the first place, I don't know :-(
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

lavender

22nd September 2012, 11:54
Ahh - I understand now - Nord, Sud, Est and ouest. That is the bit I missed - easy now. Not trial and error at all!
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

22nd September 2012, 12:02
Except that those words are also formed if you complete the grid the other way round - and as 2 of them are correctly positioned and 2 not, there is a bit of guesswork involved
7 of 7  -   Report This Post