CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rosalind

20th September 2012, 22:58

Happy 60th birthday Chris, and many, many more birthdays to follow.
Sorry this is about an hour premature!

Your cake is a lemon drizzle, though it certainly doesn't look like one.

On a rectangular silver tray rests a circular cake, 12" in diameter, covered with smooth, satiny white icing. It is dished in the centre to suggest a plate, on which is arranged some slices of Bradenham ham and a few tomatoes cut to look like water lilies (all in sugar paste, of course.)

Around 3/4 of the rim of the "plate" there is a legend- THIS HAM MOSTLY EATABLE in dark chocolate piping. Round the side of the cake a 5-line stave is piped, with appropriate clef, key and time signatures and just 8 notes of a very distinctive melody. After these there is the musical rest sign.

(with due acknowledgement to aristo for the magnificent idea and anagram)

I hope you have a wonderful day, chrise, surrounded by love and laughter.
R
1 of 60  -   Report This Post

paul

20th September 2012, 23:22
40 mins early... Happy Birthday Chris!
2 of 60  -   Report This Post

rosalind

20th September 2012, 23:25
and also with some of your favourite RVW music.
3 of 60  -   Report This Post

emrach

20th September 2012, 23:27
Who would have thought that reach hippy birthdays is an anagram of Happy birthday ChrisE and thats is exactly what you are doing - Have a great day/weekend with affection T - PS enjoy Rosalinds cake
4 of 60  -   Report This Post

rossim

21st September 2012, 00:03
Have a great celebration ChrisE! Better 60 than 59 and 364 days - bus pass and concessions galore.
5 of 60  -   Report This Post

pastille

21st September 2012, 02:58
Woo woo have a good one..

Personally myself I have never " birthday wise" gone passed forty....I am now forty eighteen ....nice age, am loving it ...

X
6 of 60  -   Report This Post

pastille

21st September 2012, 03:01
Love us virgoes......
7 of 60  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

21st September 2012, 06:24
Fantastic, chrise! Many happy returns! Get stuck into that cake! Welcome to the Senior Citizen Band! And remember, that invitation to your old hunting-grounds is still open any time!
Your new friend,
GK.
8 of 60  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

21st September 2012, 07:23
Very happy birthday Chrise (capital letter in celebration) - one of the nicest guys on the forum. Have a great one. ps lemon drizzle's one of my faves........... but I haven't worked out the anagram :-(
9 of 60  -   Report This Post

chrise

21st September 2012, 07:47
Thanks very much to all. Busy day ahead - cooking etc. - and family arriving tonight for a "family weekend". Looking forward to it all.
(P.S. may not have much time to look at the forum today, but I'll make sure that I register my vote in Peer Review!)
P.P.S. the cake looks wonderful, rosalind.
10 of 60  -   Report This Post