CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

6th September 2012, 07:26
PEER REVIEW 37

A bit earlier than usual, as I am going away for the weekend shortly.

This is a competition for clue setters. The idea (like CLUELESS) is to set a cryptic clue to a given word. Unlike Clueless you will be judged by your peers and not the setter of the clue word.

Multiple entries are welcome. You MUST post a clue for your vote to count. One vote per contestant – please state the post number you are voting for.

The entry with the most qualifying votes wins and sets next week’s PEER REVIEW. In the event of a tie the setter chooses the winner.

There is a (roughly) one day time frame. Your clue must be posted by 5pm UK time on Friday, when voting opens. Voting theoretically closes at 9pm UK time on Friday, but I probably won’t be able to announce the winner until Saturday morning, so late votes may count. Please await the prize before congratulating the winner. Thanks.

The setter donates an online prize and reserves the right to change the rules in order to deal with unforeseen circumstances.

Feel free to include an explanation of your clue just in case solver-voters cannot appreciate your clue.

The word to be clued this week is

SERENDIPITOUS (13)

Good Luck!

ChrisE
1 of 54  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

6th September 2012, 09:31
Accidentally I re-site pounds that's fortunate (13)
2 of 54  -   Report This Post

pastille

6th September 2012, 09:36
Warpole's fortuitous find. (13)
3 of 54  -   Report This Post

rosalind

6th September 2012, 09:38
With a final spin, the tedious prise turned out to be a happy accident (13)
4 of 54  -   Report This Post

pastille

6th September 2012, 09:40
See disruption as fortuitous.(13)
5 of 54  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

6th September 2012, 10:31
By happy chance send priest IOU in error (13)
6 of 54  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

6th September 2012, 10:46
Endlessly calm, we objectively dip one little toe before making lucky discovery (13)
7 of 54  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

6th September 2012, 10:59
Pius I snorted narcotic in error, leading to unexpected pleasure! (13)
8 of 54  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

6th September 2012, 11:50
Lucky south-easterly rendition, including Greek landlord de-atomized by headless commonsense (13)

9 of 54  -   Report This Post

ixion

6th September 2012, 12:03
Williams not a thief! I shout distractingly after dropping hot stuff, that's lucky(13)
10 of 54  -   Report This Post