CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

4th September 2012, 13:18
It is indeed, Les. Clever eh?
11 of 31  -   Report This Post

jolan

4th September 2012, 13:21
or,bath salts?

Hi Ari, I'm sure after being to 'Java' you'll rattle thru the rest.
12 of 31  -   Report This Post

chrise

4th September 2012, 13:26
Correct, AB
13 of 31  -   Report This Post

les40

4th September 2012, 13:28
Yeh jolan, those type of clues are straight out of the AB style of clues, very clever.

I'm off out now chaps and don't think I'll be back for 5
I have 3 of them

Have a great day, Les

aristo, I never knew you had a dog, it's more devastating than you think when they go.
14 of 31  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

4th September 2012, 13:31
I was indeed devastated. RIP, Woody. A noble beast.
15 of 31  -   Report This Post

jolan

4th September 2012, 13:33
and one of the family. Sorry to hear about it Ari
16 of 31  -   Report This Post

rosalind

4th September 2012, 14:15
Sorry to hear about Woody, aristo.
Number 4 made me smile. Very good
17 of 31  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

4th September 2012, 15:03
It happened in July! Still not used to it though. Actually, he was lucky I didn't kill him, since he'd gotten into the habit of peeing on the rear leg of my grand piano when he was angry about something, like not being taken along on outings because he always insisted on being carried home.

I think I have all five.
18 of 31  -   Report This Post

ab

4th September 2012, 16:59
1. A lie in over retiring gives appearance of relief (7) relievo? – (anagram lie +over gives type of relief art)

2. An academic term for neat orderly trees (9)- trimester? (academic session -anagram of trim+trees)

3. Like Rodin, Landseer, etc., Epstein was brought up embracing a haunting fear of N America (7) specter? (in clue reversed, with American spelling)

4. Facetiously teach English in Northern Ireland (5)-Larne? (In NI and “larn” is in Chambers as “facetiously teach” + E for English)

5. Briefly successful hit in Finland, at that time inspired pop? (5,2,3,3) flash in the pan? – hit lash in Fin (Finland) gives “f lash in”, at that time- “then” inspired (took in) pa (pop) – the pa n)
19 of 31  -   Report This Post

tony

4th September 2012, 16:59
My suggestions for the five-
1) RELIEVO - appearance of relief..LIE in OVER
20 of 31  -   Report This Post