CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

unclued

3rd September 2012, 18:18
Can anyone help with the highlighting needed to finish this puzzle? Thanks a lot.
1 of 15  -   Report This Post

uncle_w

4th September 2012, 19:04
unclued,
for highlighting think of the 'locked room ' sub-genre of mystery stories.Name of the novel is there in this form if you look closely.The detective nickname is given in the two jumbled answers. Hope this helps. If not, come back.
2 of 15  -   Report This Post

unclued

4th September 2012, 20:32
Thanks w. I have the words "Shet" and "Mona" along with Dr Fell highlighted. I'm not sure where to go next.
3 of 15  -   Report This Post

uncle_w

4th September 2012, 21:08
'shet' and 'mona' are correct for the jumblies.
Dr Fell is a red herring. Different detective is what you are looking for. He is the one that has nicknames.The nickname required is jumbled in the two above. That is the way I see it anyway. Once you identify the 'tec' you will then see the title of the novel you need to highlight.Just a bit of grid staring will reveal it. This should help otherwise come back.
4 of 15  -   Report This Post

uncle_w

5th September 2012, 11:03
Sorry , should have corrected your 'mona'to 'noma'
5 of 15  -   Report This Post

unclued

5th September 2012, 15:29
Sorry u - I'm afraid this one has beaten me. I'm almost there but not close enough.
6 of 15  -   Report This Post

voulez-vous

5th September 2012, 15:34
Don't give up, unclued! You are almost there!

The end game is much simpler than you think!
The scrambled clues lead to just two letters in the centre of things!
7 of 15  -   Report This Post

voulez-vous

5th September 2012, 15:36
or almost in the centre of things, they are separate, but central.
8 of 15  -   Report This Post

unclued

5th September 2012, 16:57
Thanks a lot w and voulez-vous. I've found the two relevant letters and am now just looking for either the hollow man or the three coffins...................
9 of 15  -   Report This Post

voulez-vous

5th September 2012, 17:15
think of your tec being central..........the novel I found was not in the wiki list (I discovered it by googling a couple of words I found "around" our hero.

Good luck!
10 of 15  -   Report This Post