CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

1st September 2012, 12:10
When I type in the "Your message" box, the normal " and @ keys are interchanged, as on an American keyboard. It isn't the keyboard, though, as they work the correct way round in all the other applications I've tried. Has anyone else noticed this? If so, perhaps we ought to let Ash know
1 of 15  -   Report This Post

chrise

1st September 2012, 12:28
I've tried on another computer and it's the right way round - weird!
2 of 15  -   Report This Post

kasseistamper

1st September 2012, 13:24
I live in mainland Europe and use an AZERTY keyboard which, apart from having the letters in a totally different order, has the numerals in upper case.
Even so, I have never had a problem posting messages on websites based in countries using different keyboards.
3 of 15  -   Report This Post

trevor

1st September 2012, 14:55
there's a discussion on similar problem here
http://www.funtrivia.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/447024
not conclusive tho, best o luck.
4 of 15  -   Report This Post

trevor

1st September 2012, 15:10
i've just changed mine to 'English (United States)'from 'English (United Kingdom) and the same thing happens, plus a few other keys print the wrong symbol - pound sign and hash key are effected.
5 of 15  -   Report This Post

chrise

1st September 2012, 15:25
Thanks for that Trevor - doesn't really help though. The first thing I looked at was the language (set to English UK, as it should be), then discovered that the problem doesn't exist in other applications; only "Add reply" in the Forum. P.S. even odder - I put those "s in using the correct key, so it seems to have sorted itself!
6 of 15  -   Report This Post

trevor

1st September 2012, 15:32
very odd! glad it's sorted now.
7 of 15  -   Report This Post

janebb

1st September 2012, 16:41
I have a microsoft keyboard and the keys mentioned happen all the time for me. Its especially annoying in my AOL mail.
Trevor: How do I get the 'pound' sign, it doesn't transpose with the 'hash' key. 'pound' key does give me # but # key gives me '|' or '\'. Would love to be able to type 'pound'sign.
8 of 15  -   Report This Post

chrise

1st September 2012, 16:47
That might be the "wrong language" problem - try going to Control Panel:Regional and Language and make sure you have it set to English:UK
9 of 15  -   Report This Post

janebb

2nd September 2012, 00:02
Chrise, Will try that thank you.
10 of 15  -   Report This Post