CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT36

chris4food

28th August 2012, 16:10
Good afternoon All,Hope everyone had a lovely Bank hol weekend and the weather was kind to you all.
Surprised to see I'm the first with this week's - unless I haven't looked properly!!
Raced through most of it, then got stuck on about 5 of them. Last to fall 16a - and I'm not happy with what I've got....
A funny mix this week, of really easy and really hard
Look forward to all your opinions
Cheers
Chris
1 of 37  -   Report This Post

rossim

28th August 2012, 16:22
Would love to help but I need some clues, the number of letters and any crossers you've got so far.
2 of 37  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

28th August 2012, 16:26
hi Chris
I'm just having a break from gardening, as my arms ache and it's too hot out there.
I am still stuck for 5 answers, (all in the bottom left corner) but am not asking for clues yet, as I guess some RT'ers won't be getting their copies until Wednesday.
My answer for 16a fits "series of bends" but cannot see the wordplay at all ;)
Will look in again tomorrow.
J
3 of 37  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

28th August 2012, 16:33
Doh! Just seen it.
Chris, if you divide the word into 3 and 4, the Greek character is first and the stick is the second.
J
4 of 37  -   Report This Post

chris4food

28th August 2012, 16:43
Jazzgirl - yep, that fits with what I got for 16a - but was focussing on bends, rather than stick....
Glad you're having good weather; it's dull here, but warmish
Hope you're keeping fit and well
5 of 37  -   Report This Post

chris4food

28th August 2012, 16:46
rossim, would be glad to help, when you're ready - as Jazzgirl says, not many have posted yet, and may not want any help just yet - anyway, I'm rubbish at giving alternative clues - just muddy the waters.... but always willing to try
Cheers
6 of 37  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

28th August 2012, 17:28
Well done chris4 and jazzgirl for finishing -others may be in the same position as I am and their copy hasn't arrived in today's post - probably because of the bank holiday. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. At least I've still got last night's Only Connect and University Challenge to look forward to this evening :-)
7 of 37  -   Report This Post

chris4food

28th August 2012, 17:36
thanks, Mrs T - the reason I stopped having my RT delivered was because sometimes it took so long - and even didn't appear on some occasions... I did email them and got a refund!!
I always ask for crossword puzzle books in my Christmas stocking[!], and last year got a set of The Times classy selection - they've been keeping me out of trouble on a number of occasions now - take them on hols with me, too - I'm not very quick with them... and they help out when I can't get the RT on Tuesday - I'm getting like a crossword junky and must have my Tuesday 'fix' Perhaps I should just get a life??
8 of 37  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

28th August 2012, 17:48
hi Mrs T
I hadn't finished when I last posted, but suddenly the penny dropped and it's now done.
I found the LH bottom corner rather tricky but very clever/sneeky clues.
J
9 of 37  -   Report This Post

raymond

28th August 2012, 21:20
Oh dear..!
Help needed for 20a and 17d...and PLEASE Chris et al..explain 22a for this old lady..!
Yawn..! R :<
10 of 37  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT36