CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jolan

28th August 2012, 11:44
Good morning! Hope last week went well. Here are this week's few. I trust they will be entertaining. John

I set crossies just for pleasure. I wonder if some of you excellent regulars would like to try a few of my clues? Since they're new, no letters!

Please withhold solutions till 5 pm (GMT + 1) to allow others to have a go.

1. Copied from electronic companion to a dictionary (6)
2. Clerical misprint leaves perverter’s mind in turmoil (8)
3. Not all ammonite fossils have shells (4)
4. Bans returning sailor occupying first-class cabin (9)
5. Old Australian bundle’s real baroque when found in Cambridge, maybe (9)
1 of 39  -   Report This Post

rossim

28th August 2012, 13:54
Back to the top.

I've only managed one so far.
2 of 39  -   Report This Post

jolan

28th August 2012, 14:01
Hi and welcome Rossim. Keep it up. Just taking a peek in, in the midst of some long-waiting household jobs. John
3 of 39  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

28th August 2012, 14:30
Just checking in, Jolan. Only see the first one right off (you're quite the trickster). I'll be back though...
4 of 39  -   Report This Post

jolan

28th August 2012, 14:35
Hi Ari! Nice to see you once again. Just ppeeking in. Back to jobs now. See you later. John
5 of 39  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

28th August 2012, 14:39
hi Jolan
I've only got one so far, but the Leylandii is due for its second trim of the year, so I am hoping for inspiration whilst clipping;)
J
6 of 39  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

28th August 2012, 14:47
Have two, possibly three. Anything with an Aussie tinge makes me cringe- Terra Incognita.
7 of 39  -   Report This Post

jolan

28th August 2012, 14:55
Good man Ari. Luckily only one "Aussie".

Hi Jazzy! I've just 'broken the bank' and purchased a Stihl electric hedge trimmer (it's very suitable for the dreaded Leylandii). It is on a long pole with a tilting head. Can easily trim tops and sides. Much better than the bit of scaffolding I've been using for years. See you a 5'ish
8 of 39  -   Report This Post

rossim

28th August 2012, 15:55
I've got the first one now. I shan't be here at 5pm but will look in later.
9 of 39  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

28th August 2012, 17:00
Your schedule doesn't work for me, Jolan. Would you consider moving to Boston, or New York? Had to be out most of the morning. Only have:
1- ECHOED
2- REVEREND

Thought of EFOS for 3. Did you know there's an organization called the Egg Farmers of Ontario? The EFOs have lots of shells. Also though it might be some military unit.
For 5 I thought it might be something like Gibbonian, but alas. Also figured that real was "baroque" and the answer ended in -eral or something. Ah, well...
10 of 39  -   Report This Post