CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastiche

23rd August 2012, 12:03
Aquamarine
Beloved
Discrepancy
Frangipani
Freedom
Gallipot
Overflowing
Pagoda
Scrounger

P.S I thought I had this solved as most of the words contain the name of an animal in reverse but not sure about Gallipot. Any other suggestions?
1 of 14  -   Report This Post

ixion

23rd August 2012, 12:17
Gall[ipot]

topi is a type of antelope
2 of 14  -   Report This Post

titus

23rd August 2012, 15:47
The question also states one of the previous forty nine answers in the quiz gives a clue to the connection. I don't see one that links with your suggestion of animals names in reverse but then I haven't answered them all yet.
3 of 14  -   Report This Post

pastiche

24th August 2012, 16:37
I think the answer of them being words containing animals in reverse might be a bit too obvious but it does seem to fit though!

Ram
Vole
Ape
Pig
Deer
Topi
Wolf
Dog
Gnu
4 of 14  -   Report This Post

escher

24th August 2012, 17:20
Have just found the answer to question 36. Perhaps that is the answer that gives the connection clue ?
5 of 14  -   Report This Post

titus

24th August 2012, 17:30
Rather too cryptic I think
6 of 14  -   Report This Post

aldobear

24th August 2012, 17:32
What about the quiz rule that states that answers must not be sought from Q&A sites? Why can't you abide by the quizsetter's request? Please stop ruinning this great quiz. If it's too difficult, try something a bit easier.
7 of 14  -   Report This Post

titus

24th August 2012, 17:46
Recently started this quiz having stumbled across it - there is NOTHING on the quiz sheet that I have that says "answers must not be sought from Q&A sites" so where is this rule?.
8 of 14  -   Report This Post

titus

24th August 2012, 18:01
I have also checked and nothing on the website where you can download the quiz.
9 of 14  -   Report This Post

mamya

24th August 2012, 18:05
Which quiz is it Titus? If there is a rule it should be on the site and/or the sheet too.

I think we had a batch of questions once and the same was mentioned, but then people said the quiz setter had made it known those were the rules, even though not printed, all a bit strange.
10 of 14  -   Report This Post