CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rambler

22nd August 2012, 09:22
Who? - Inspector Montalbano
When? - Saturday at 9pm
Where? - BBC4
12 new episodes - if you haven't seen it, try it.
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

22nd August 2012, 10:18
I really want to see this now -but is it better to watch the first series first?
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

pastille

22nd August 2012, 10:30
Rambler, between yourself and mrs t I feel I can now unsubscribe the Radio TImes...lol

I love only connect, but have never seen the montiban chap....will give it a go ; )
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

rambler

22nd August 2012, 12:02
mrs t, as far as I can make out the beeb mixed up the first two series. Each episode is a complete story and can be watched independently.
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

magworth

22nd August 2012, 12:38
I must try Inspector Montelbano. I wish they`d make TV of Donna Leon`s books. Set in beautiful Venice they include descriptions of Commissario Brunetti`s delicious meals. M.
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

the joker

22nd August 2012, 16:05
Magworth
I was reading a D Leon book last year whilst on holiday and this German lady told me that all the books are on German TV.
Perhaps we can live in hope!
TJ
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

22nd August 2012, 16:58
Yes, there are many Commissario Brunetti episodes, in German (a little disconcerting, hearing everyone in Venice speaking it). We've gotten them from our public library, in the States (with English subtitles). Montalbano's meals are far more exciting, but then I'm in love with Sicily and its cuisine. I think there are twenty-one Montalbano episodes (I've seen them all), and the scenery in them is breathtaking.
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

eccles45

22nd August 2012, 18:16
Are the TV episodes as good as the books? After the way TV screwed up the Ann Cleeves books with the series Vera, I'm a tad chary.
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

22nd August 2012, 18:58
Actually, I see that there are at least twenty-two Montalbanos. Can't compare the Venetian ones with the books; I don't think I've read one. The Montalbano books are goofy and cartoonish, whereas the TV versions are well done, with particularly good minor characters.
9 of 9  -   Report This Post