CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

15th August 2012, 08:03
Morning, Chris & others!Quite nice clues, I thought, e.g. 5 & 19a;7 & 21d/27a. See what you think!
1 of 19  -   Report This Post

leapy

15th August 2012, 10:28
Very enjoyable, once I got 22/17d every fell into place.
2 of 19  -   Report This Post

eccles45

15th August 2012, 10:55
I solved 9d before 10a or 6d. Reckoning that 'movement' was the anagrind, I looked at 'humorously' and spent a few minutes trying to fit in Eric and Ernie as the motif!
3 of 19  -   Report This Post

livs

15th August 2012, 10:57
Thanks, gk: your post made me go and look, and I filled it in on-screen - never done that before! But then the rest of the internet was there to help which made it pretty quick, as I'm far too young to remember some of those 9D affairs.

I take back a previous whinge about Brummie. This was fun.
4 of 19  -   Report This Post

marcopolo

15th August 2012, 11:07
Why don't you guys join the official blog:
http://fifteensquared.net/category/guardian/
and leave this site for people who want help,not to listen to your boasting.
5 of 19  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

15th August 2012, 11:51
No-one's boasting - this is a friendly forum for people to ask for help /give help or discuss crosswords. If you don't like it go elsewhere - simples.
6 of 19  -   Report This Post

xced

15th August 2012, 11:59
From Forum Rules

The Forum is meant to be a friendly place where participants chat and help each other with crossword problems so we ask that everyone respect this and join in sensibly with discussions.

It might seem like boasting but the reaction of those who have finished a puzzle can be helpful. Hostility is not helpful.
7 of 19  -   Report This Post

marcopolo

15th August 2012, 12:08
"place where participants chat and help each other with crossword problems"
That is an "and" not an "or". Plenty of chat,no help asked for or given. If you read the blog you will see that today's crossword was very very easy. Difficult to see anything other than boasting.
8 of 19  -   Report This Post

jws

15th August 2012, 12:18
12a looks like a straight clue, not cryptic at all unless I'm missing the wordplay.
9 of 19  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

15th August 2012, 12:19
Guys- no need to rise to Marco Polo- he is just trying to yank our chain.

Good crossword today. Brummie is usually a morning's work. he must have been feeling knindly towards us.
10 of 19  -   Report This Post