CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rosie

9th August 2012, 11:32
Can anyone hint on the connection between the Title and the unclued lights please?
1 of 13  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

9th August 2012, 12:05
...or, to put it slightly diferently, how come filling in the remaining 5 unclued lights produces 2 words: does that mean the added letters all put together? I have the person & the quotation, but, as often, the instructions are (no doubt deliberately) unclear, I find.
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

tommyt

9th August 2012, 16:03
I think the fact that the preamble stresses that the unclued lights are real words means
that there could be obscure words.
As i see them-
5d has 3 possibilities, 29d, 24a, &35a each 2 possibilities.

3 of 13  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

9th August 2012, 16:13
What you say is true. The phrase "must be filled" is what's causing me problems. If it said "filled in" & only 2 were meant, I could see "inappropriate items". But I'm not sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree (again)!
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

9th August 2012, 16:35
...............and btw has anyone noticed, if you read the 5 unclued solutions in the order in which they occur, a sentence ALMOST appears? Can't be any more explicit as I don't QUITE see the whole thing yet, either! (this would be an alternative to the 2 items I can make out at one point, tho' the items themselves seem to me to be a little far-fetched --- or maybe not...)
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

tommyt

9th August 2012, 17:04
An 'inappropriate' thought I keep having is

about a BRA and BRAINWAVE (outstanding idea).

I won't mention the filling/display part!
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

9th August 2012, 18:05
Interesting, TommyT, but where do you get them from, so to speak??!! I can't deny they sound relevant in a way!
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

syzygy

9th August 2012, 23:49
Just an off-the-wall idea.

There are 5 unclued.
Do we "mix in" the first 5 words of the quote, one in each?

8 of 13  -   Report This Post

syzygy

10th August 2012, 04:19
I get it:

11D should read TO SPEND ON ...
a quotation by an airhead, 13D / 34D.

9 of 13  -   Report This Post

barryjbutler

10th August 2012, 09:13
At last! Got it. It is "blend" and there are 2 items hidden
10 of 13  -   Report This Post