CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

phillip

7th August 2012, 23:24
your query on clueless.

on clueless only the judge votes as it were. they can ask someone to explain their clue if they want to. although personally I think that if you don't "get it" you aren't going to pick it are you. you could also be said to be commenting on a clue - saying in effect, what is this crap, I can't understand it. that wouldn't be very nice, would it.

it's different on peer review. everybody is a judge so everybody can ask for an explanation if they need it.

hope that helps.
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

emrach

8th August 2012, 08:51
Morning Phillip

Thankyou for keeping me up to speed with the rules. I felt comfortable asking as several had already been explained!!! I would be useless as a judge, obviously, so will avoid in the future. Not in a huff honest gov!!! :)
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

rambler

8th August 2012, 09:14
Morning, emrach

Allow=def
Blighia sapida= akee (fruit)
Einsteinium=es
an audience=homophone indicator.
In wordplay BSE supposed to be a person.

Difficult word innit?
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

phillip

8th August 2012, 10:47
emrach, don't give up. let's face it, some of the clues are just plain daft. even knowing what the answer is doesn't really help you understand sometimes. so what. just have a go. if you are judge you can either ignore all clues like that or ask for an explanation if you want.
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

emrach

8th August 2012, 10:53
Thanks Rambler and Phillip - it is sunny here in Glasgow so going to take my huff outside and destroy some weeds !!!! And I may acquiesce to Phillip and not give up !!!!
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

rambler

8th August 2012, 11:56
Perhaps we should all run our clues past phillip for approval before posting - that way we would only have to consider the very best efforts?
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

phillip

8th August 2012, 16:03
you've finally had a good idea rambler.
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

tonyw

8th August 2012, 18:57
emrach,I can now explain my clue.
It was not great.
to not oppose=acquiesce
and "the firsts" was the first letter of my clue which spelt the answer.
Home that helps and I apologise for any problems caused .
Cheers Tonyw
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

emrach

9th August 2012, 09:52
Thanks Tonyw and no need for apologies Have a good day
9 of 9  -   Report This Post