CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

koilani kru

9th October 2009, 16:33
44. Reserved nothing, the heartless exploiter of illegal immigrants (6)?
Tried variations on saved and O. Rest of the clue has us baffled. Need this one and 8 others. Love the quiz and it has kept us amused or frustrated for hours.
1 of 30  -   Report This Post

jolan

9th October 2009, 16:43
COYOTE= exploiter of illegal immigrants. coy = reserved + 0 + t(h)e
2 of 30  -   Report This Post

koilani kru

9th October 2009, 20:50
Thanks for that; so easy when pointed in right direction.
How about
55) theatre company had old boy in tears,in distress. They were lost to shame (10)
3 of 30  -   Report This Post

mamya

9th October 2009, 21:39
55 Abbreviation for a type of small theatre company + abbreviation for old boy + anagram of a 5letter word in the clue
4 of 30  -   Report This Post

koilanu kru

10th October 2009, 08:03
Thanks for help. It got us going again on others as well. Woke up this morning and one answer leapt into my head. Sad eh! Actually thoroughly enjoying this one again. Are we right in thinking that 82 is an anagram of 'clearest'?
5 of 30  -   Report This Post

escher

10th October 2009, 08:17
On the right track
Good luck
6 of 30  -   Report This Post

koilani kru

10th October 2009, 08:57
we have come up with 2 options. Electra(s). 3 different vilains named electra or elektra from mythology and literature bnut not happy with plural answer as clue is 'this villain'. Other option is Celestra who is a villain in adventurequest gaming, but also unsure about this.
7 of 30  -   Report This Post

escher

10th October 2009, 10:28
try using an online angram solver
(such as http://anagram-solver.utsire.com/)
and keep looking. The word was new to me but I did find it defined in several online dictionaries as well as Chambers.
8 of 30  -   Report This Post

koilani kru

10th October 2009, 13:45
Brilliant, got it thanks. Down to our last 3 but they have us completely baffled at the moment. with 90, we are trying to make a drink fit between D and S. Are we even in the right ball park. Any hints on 85 beyond Robin Hood etc on ealrier post and for 96 would be appreciated.
9 of 30  -   Report This Post

escher

10th October 2009, 15:20
90 Think of another abbreviation for Denmark other than just one letter and you just need a three letter drink

85 Bob's is an abbrevaition for what + word for a fellow - whole word means stout robber

96 Think what cheques are made of should give you first part of word, then think of a task that an interior decorator may have to do.

Could I ask for clues to
86. CA's pouch cannot be trusted. (5,2,3,5)
69. Rip off the reckless, young person. (8)
65. Have a dance around and meet someone who worked on the roads. (9)
10 of 30  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » A bad Lot