CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mrs trellis

6th August 2012, 07:35
Morning all. Looks like a tricky one at first glance. I don't know this compiler (Picaroon). Anyone else having a go?
1 of 92  -   Report This Post

ixion

6th August 2012, 10:09
Finding it tough, the handful I've got seem fair though.
2 of 92  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

6th August 2012, 10:52
you're doing better than me, although the 2 I've got do mean I understand the preamble, so that's something I suppose
3 of 92  -   Report This Post

barista

6th August 2012, 14:59
I've not come across this setter either, but found most of the clues fair - except for 16d (which I'm still not sure quite works grammatically) and 20a (although that probably tells more about my ignorance than the clue - kicked myself once I'd got it though - after 12 months living in Japan and surely I should have got the address!

For anyone who might have done the Inquisitor of last Saturday, I wonder if it's the same setter...?
4 of 92  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

6th August 2012, 17:16
Hi barista, I'm quite encouraged if you say it's all quite 'do-able'. I'll have a real go at it this evening and see if I can get anywhere - thanks for the warning re 16d.
5 of 92  -   Report This Post

cmk

6th August 2012, 17:36
Hi barista and Mrs T.

I don't see any problem at all with 16down, tho' I found some of the others a bit iffy, albeit doable. The instructions - though seemingly impenetrable at first - are in fact very useful, I found.
6 of 92  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

6th August 2012, 18:03
@ Mrs T: seems we have to meet here secretly to avoid the Thought Police. Thank you for your support & constructive criticism!
7 of 92  -   Report This Post

barista

6th August 2012, 18:13
Mrs T- cmk is probably right on 16d on reflection - it's at least a semi-+lit (apologies; ampersand doesn't appear on my blackberry)
8 of 92  -   Report This Post

ixion

6th August 2012, 19:05
Re 16D..."in" doesn't appear to play any part in the wordplay?
Don't get all of the wordplay in 7D or 19D either.
9 of 92  -   Report This Post

james

6th August 2012, 19:07
16D is fine I think. Don't read too much into "in dock". Just "dock".
10 of 92  -   Report This Post