CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

macmillanquizzer

4th August 2012, 18:42
My Late Summer Quiz for Macmillan Cancer Support is now available both by online donation at http://www.justgiving.com/theLateSummerQuiz2012 and by post from
'The Late Summer Quiz'
c/o The King's Head
19 Maiden Lane
STAMFORD
Lincolnshire PE9 2AZ
by sending SAE (large enough to hold a folded A3 sheet) and cheque payable to 'Macmillan Cancer Support' for at least £2.

When donating online using JustGiving.com, please remember to tick the box to allow me to see your email address, otherwise I can't send you your copy of the quiz!

If donating by post, you might like to include a completed gift-aid form which can be downloaded from http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Donate/GiftAid/GiftAid.aspx

Copies sent in the post are A3 size which many people prefer. Electronic copies sent to online donors can be printed out on any size of paper your printer can handle.

The quiz consists of cryptic clues to the names of 50 foods.

There will be prizes of £30 & £20 in John Lewis vouchers for the first two correct entries drawn at random after the closing date of 10 September 2012.

Thank you again to everyone who supports Macmillan through my quizzes, I hope you will all support and enjoy this one too.
1 of 22  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

5th August 2012, 08:24
I recommend this quiz, people- it's got lots of clever, witty clues, and some real puzzlers. And all for a great cause - what's not to like?
2 of 22  -   Report This Post

martina

5th August 2012, 19:19
I've just spent the afternoon working on it and I agree with you, Mrs Trellis.
3 of 22  -   Report This Post

trevor

5th August 2012, 19:41
Hi Mrs T
what's not to like? (as Bob Dylan said about Alicia Keys) indeed!
i've just spent half an hour in the bath doing it (and before anyone asks, i do mean the quiz).
does life get any better than that?
4 of 22  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

5th August 2012, 19:58
So glad you clarified, trevor!
5 of 22  -   Report This Post

rosalind

5th August 2012, 20:05
Well, I hope so, trevor. I haven't got a single one yet!
6 of 22  -   Report This Post

trevor

5th August 2012, 20:34
have you tried doing it in the bath Rosalind?
it might help you wind down.
7 of 22  -   Report This Post

lynette

11th August 2012, 11:03
I'm really enjoying this one. It's not as heavy going as the famous women quiz.
8 of 22  -   Report This Post

julie, aberdeen

12th August 2012, 11:25
Just bringing this back to the front page - another fun quiz for a good cause
9 of 22  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

13th August 2012, 07:39
Thank you Julie.

Somebody called H Moran has left a donation but no email address on my JustGiving page. Please could they email me at MacmillanQuizzer@btconnect.com Thanks.
10 of 22  -   Report This Post