CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

xfan

1st August 2012, 23:41
OK. So the forum confirms it is not David Frost. What on earth am I missing? Not the Snows. Someone else Frost? Freezer? Arctic? Ice Cream?
1 of 16  -   Report This Post

mamya

1st August 2012, 23:48
Frosty?
2 of 16  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

1st August 2012, 23:50
Got caught out with this one too. It actually refers to Michael Parkinson (he who promises a free pen, then doesn't bother to send it).

P
3 of 16  -   Report This Post

xfan

1st August 2012, 23:51
No. But thanks for trying to help.
4 of 16  -   Report This Post

mamya

1st August 2012, 23:52
Brilliant pipesmoker.
5 of 16  -   Report This Post

xfan

1st August 2012, 23:57
Pipesmoker. I knew you had it, and thanks. So, an ex-interviewer known to his friends as, probably, "Mike". Oh well: but still a bit poor if the "Parkerinson" pen doesn't make an actual appearance! Thanks again
6 of 16  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

2nd August 2012, 00:02
Thanks Xfan. One day, when I am a bit bored, I will probably telephone said company and engage them in a totally unnecessary conversation, about making promises and not keeping their word. It makes a change from quietly laying the phone down when someone phones me to try to prise money from my tightly clenched Scottish fist. It can be effective when they discover that they have spent the last five minutes talking to themselves.

P
7 of 16  -   Report This Post

bernie

2nd August 2012, 00:07
"tightly clenched Scottish fist" Love it!
8 of 16  -   Report This Post

xfan

2nd August 2012, 00:11
P. I am suddenly trying to imagine what pipe might survive a tightly clenched Scottish fist: or is there a trail of shattered churchwardens? My Dad smoked a normal/formal briar, but unusually (but maybe a portent) grew his own tobacco in the garden, cooked it in the kitched ove, and dried the leaves in the airing cupboard, and smoked it anywhere he liked. Legally.
9 of 16  -   Report This Post

xfan

2nd August 2012, 00:13
kitched ove should be kitchen oven: obviously
10 of 16  -   Report This Post