CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

magworth

31st July 2012, 13:37
Here it is 1.30 and no one else tuned in! I found it really hard and had to resort to anagram help - for the first time!
Still stuck on 7ac. ? I ? E ?. I`d be glad of a hint!
Still sad about Tom Daley. Mags.
1 of 38  -   Report This Post

chrisg

31st July 2012, 13:38
Hi magworth. Think of a name for a scrabble piece + the first letter of root
2 of 38  -   Report This Post

magworth

31st July 2012, 13:57
Many thanks Chrisg. I was puzzling over something to do with Maths. Mags.
3 of 38  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

31st July 2012, 14:50
Sorry I can't comment on clues, as I won't get my RT until Thursday.
It's very busy here with more road closures today and tomorrow. We've just had a "technical rehearsal" for the cycling time trials tomorow. The only way to the shops is walking, and I'm not up to that today. Helicopters are buzzing about, 24 police motorcyclists, police cars, film units, etc.
Anyway, I will stop moaning as it is exciting.
Really wishing for a Gold medal tomorrow for Bradley Wiggins (or maybe Chris Froome)
See you later. J
4 of 38  -   Report This Post

magworth

31st July 2012, 16:32
Exciting times, Jazzgirl! I hope you see some winners tomorrow. M.
5 of 38  -   Report This Post

raymond

31st July 2012, 18:11
Yes, tough this week folks..! Still not certain of 2d, THINK I've got it but not really sure. Took me ages to work out 14a, that actress deserted these shores many moons ago didn't she? Sad about Tom, and his partner of course. Eagerly awaiting a GOLD.! Great opening ceremony. R :>
6 of 38  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

31st July 2012, 18:16
Good Evening, All.

Not too bad this week, although, I did confuse myself with 22 across, when I thought they were talking about David Frost. Anyway, got that sorted out, and the rest sort of fell into place.

Am I the only one in the world who can't be bothered with the Olympics. I never did do jumping up and down, and still don't, unless I am moaning about something (a not uncommon occurrence).

Hope all are well.

Best wishes.

P
7 of 38  -   Report This Post

raymond

31st July 2012, 19:14
Surprising what a cuppa coffee does for one's brain. 'Evening Star' of course.!
R. :>
8 of 38  -   Report This Post

magworth

31st July 2012, 20:12
Raymand - the actress is on ITV 1 and ITV 3 every day (Murder She Wrote) tho` in real life she is very old - but still acting.
I found it tough this week. Mags.
9 of 38  -   Report This Post

mondrian

1st August 2012, 16:13
Pipesmoker. I have escaped to the Library to get away from all the stress of watching the Olympics!! Even if you dont like them very much I do hope you managed to see the Opening Ceremony. It was fantastic.

Crossword - very difficult this week. Stuck on two long ones

4D Rude but precludes fist coming out (13)
16A Lack of response to 90 visits I make (13)

Perhaps if I get these I might get on a bit better with the others!!
10 of 38  -   Report This Post