CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

30th July 2012, 13:20
Hi, Chris! Didn't realize you are a keen cook! In which case you really must come here again. Having just consumed a really terrific Pizza Frutti di Mare from Carola (well, over half of it), I will now get your mouth watering with just a few of the things readily available around here: wild boar, venison,delicious melons from Lectoure, confits de canard,guinea-fowl,rabbit, magret,Roquefort, Madiran, Armagnac,Floc & Pousse Rapière (remember those two?),clafoutis, queue de lotte, cochon noir,wild figs, ceps,home-made bread.................Think I'd better stop: you get the general drift. And then cheap flights either Easyjet to TL or otherwise Ryanair to Carcassonne. You'd have to be crazy not to be tempted one of these days.Accommodation also available.Only condition: no cat allergy ( Henri would be offended).So what are you waiting for? We even have a golf-course nearby, frequented by our millionaire neighbour (but don't talk politics or religion to him).And for the trolls:the last remark does NOT indicate snobbery or anything else --- just a concomitant fact! I hope you see what I'm getting at...................
1 of 28  -   Report This Post

francis

30th July 2012, 13:24
may I drool ?
2 of 28  -   Report This Post

chrise

30th July 2012, 13:46
What a very tempting offer, GK! Can the wife come too?
Actually we are pretty full for next year - Canaries in Feb, Germany to see friends in March, Western Isles looking for ferns in May, Italy walking and staying with a friend celebrating his 70th in June.
3 of 28  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

30th July 2012, 14:08
Oh, I forgot the baby pigeons, goat kids............no, better shut up, or I'll have the vegetarians at my throat..........Then there's the (for you) very favourable pound/Euro conversion rate.........what's so special about ferns?........anyone's allowed to drool..........but I must let you all get on with the Clue Chain........Sorry............
4 of 28  -   Report This Post

francis

30th July 2012, 14:21
all lubricated with a rose gris, I hope ?
5 of 28  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

30th July 2012, 14:51
See you there.
6 of 28  -   Report This Post

rosalind

30th July 2012, 18:27
ooh you are crool GK!
And I'm not talking baby pigeons or even ortolans (though I watched the Jeremy Clarkson film and was suitably Disgusted of Tonbridge Wells)
Sanglia, wonderful!
7 of 28  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

30th July 2012, 18:38
Oh my goodness, Gled! What's so special about ferns? Have you no soul? I was just feeling happy for my Matteuccia struthiopteris after Saturday's rain (five inches to end a drought). My Dennstaedtia punctilobula, on the other hand...
8 of 28  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

30th July 2012, 18:39
I'll swing by and pick you up, Rosalind.
9 of 28  -   Report This Post

chrise

30th July 2012, 18:49
Watch out for the Matteucia, aristo - if it likes the conditions, it will spread!
10 of 28  -   Report This Post