CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tonyw

25th July 2012, 15:32
Just thought regulars might like to know that my area has suddenly gone mad.Torch relay passes in about 1 hour.Winchmore Hill,On Broadway pub is packed and it's over 30 degrees C outside!
I have never seen this many people here before.
1 of 17  -   Report This Post

rossim

25th July 2012, 15:36
I have a picture of me with the torch. Well, not exactly with it. I'm in the same photo as the torch bearer when it came along the south coast last month! There was a terrific turnout here too.
2 of 17  -   Report This Post

tonyw

25th July 2012, 18:13
I'm glad you saw it too rossim;To be honest I was sceptical but the whole day turned out to be good fun.My local bar was offering cheap drinks and free food (Burgers ,Sarnies e.t.c)
My only complaint was the amount of advertising
preceding the procession.
3 of 17  -   Report This Post

rossim

25th July 2012, 18:21
The bomb squad got the biggset cheer prior to the torch arriving!
I am lucky enough to have Olympic Stadium tickets for the mid week athletics.I shan't be buying a burger or a coke!
4 of 17  -   Report This Post

tonyw

25th July 2012, 18:29
Have you got a spare ticket?
I will wear Nike trainers,Pepsi T-shirt and a Burger King baseball cap.And take my own picnic!!!
I might even try to drink tap water.:)
5 of 17  -   Report This Post

rossim

25th July 2012, 18:52
There were rumours going round beforehand that you couldn't take in your own food. Not true. As long as it fits in a soft bag that is small enough to fit under your seat that's ok.
Although I thought your comments amusing I'm not risking being banned from a once-in-a lifetime occasion by having the wrong gear!
Sorry, no spare ticket.
6 of 17  -   Report This Post

tonyw

25th July 2012, 19:02
I really do hope you enjoy it rossim,good luck.
I am jealous.
It is a crazy world out there though .
If you do not have a Barclay's Visa card then you will not be able to buy anything unless you have the cash in your pocket that the pickpockets did not nick on your way in.
7 of 17  -   Report This Post

kenr

25th July 2012, 19:40
Confused!
How many letters do you have & what is your query on this 'Crossword Help Forum'?
Oh & Yes I have seen one of the 1000s of torches!
Whoopee! :-(
8 of 17  -   Report This Post

tonyw

25th July 2012, 19:42
kenr,go away
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

theambler

25th July 2012, 19:45
When the torch came through here several months ago it absolutely poured. It was 8.30am. I kept dry
thea
10 of 17  -   Report This Post