CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

21st July 2012, 15:31
31 A. Hostilities only agitataed roue holding fellow dancer (6) ??o?ar
38 A. Yorkshire town backed air-to-air missile hoax (6) ?a?p?m

This is a themed crossword. The wordplay in many clues leads to the answer plus a superfluous letter not to be entered into the grid.
Thanks for any help.
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

jolan

21st July 2012, 16:09
Hi Malone.
Don't really 'get' this crossword type, but it could be HOOFER = dancer. HO = hostilities only; F = fellow; and an anagram of roue (minus the 'u') around F. Is this how a letter might disappear? Just a suggestion. What do you think?
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

malone

21st July 2012, 16:15
Jolan, that sounds eminently suitable for this crossword (especially as I've just discovered the 'a' might be wrong). I'll try 'hoofer' out for size.
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

jolan

21st July 2012, 16:18
Hope it works. As for the other one, I've been looking at AMRAM = air-to-air missile but without success. I'm off out now to drown my sorrows LOL. Good luck
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

jolan

21st July 2012, 16:20
Sorry, it's AMRAAM
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

malone

21st July 2012, 16:22
Jolan - 'hoofer' is fitting in well, so thanks for that. My mistake in another clue means 38 A (Yorkshire town...) now has ?a?ham.
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

malone

21st July 2012, 16:27
38 A appears to be Masham.
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

sallyw

21st July 2012, 16:48
Masham makes sense, Ma (air missile initials backwards and sham (hoax) and Masham is a town in Yorkshire.
8 of 8  -   Report This Post