CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kilowatt

19th July 2012, 17:42
I think I will stick with the ones I know.
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

19th July 2012, 17:48
Interesting pastille - having looked at the US setter's clues that he's most proud of, I have to say Thank God for Araucaria et al - I've seen far better efforts on Clueless.
No offence aristo or other American friends out there - you are better than us at lots of other things!
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

pastille

19th July 2012, 17:49
What like invading countries?
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

19th July 2012, 17:51
Hm. They don't mention Harper's. I think the NY Times puzzles are boooring. They're a bit ungenerous re Emily Cox and Henry Rathvon; many of their Atlantic Monthly puzzles were works of genius (they don't mention these either, though of course they're only available in archives). I didn't even know that The Nation had a puzzle; I'm one of those who would indeed have to do it with a pinched nose. Thanks, PASTILLE (thought I'd give you a little thrill with the taboo caps).
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

pastille

19th July 2012, 17:54
Ohh ...shiver...that was lovely, THANK YOU!
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

19th July 2012, 17:55
Oh, and so glad to see that you Brits have never invaded countries- you must have been the first to build an empire on a volunteer basis. :)
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

trevor

19th July 2012, 17:59
i thought,

Jack Fitzgerald Kennedy is whipped (11)

and,

He clears stable? No and yes (8)

were both very good.

8 of 9  -   Report This Post

19th July 2012, 18:17
Now now aristo, we nearly always let them have their countries back when they ask nicely
9 of 9  -   Report This Post