CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

robtherich

3rd October 2009, 19:29
It really does help if the Thread is titled with a reference to the source material: Grauniad cryptic 25 Dec. A weak bleat of Please Help doesn't really appeal or set up any parameters. One vaguery had me straining the old brain cells until I realised it wasn't even cryptic... Or am I being boring?
1 of 19  -   Report This Post

the joker

3rd October 2009, 19:38
Robtherich
I couldn't agree more with you.
Joker
2 of 19  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

3rd October 2009, 19:38
Not boring at all. I've been banging on about this for months now and have suggested a sticky at the top of the home page, but nothing seems to happen.
3 of 19  -   Report This Post

trevor

3rd October 2009, 20:10
I've had the same thing - trying to look for the cryptic angle and realise it is a straight clue - but to be honest,poorly set out posts rarely bother me.
It's not always easy to just ignore them tho when you want to know the answer.
4 of 19  -   Report This Post

robtherich

3rd October 2009, 22:02
And another thing... I'm sure we really appreciate it when there's a thanks.
5 of 19  -   Report This Post

jimc

3rd October 2009, 22:07
Agree with your points & sentiments RtR, but only the poor are likely to thank you, I think.

JimC
6 of 19  -   Report This Post

robtherich

3rd October 2009, 22:10
...and did you ever stare at a word long enough for it to appear Martian? Protocol is such a word. Maybe I should have used Etiquette? Then again...
7 of 19  -   Report This Post

jimc

3rd October 2009, 22:11
... or ..

... are you actually "Robert the Rich", in which case the Poor won't often thank you, I fear?

JimC
8 of 19  -   Report This Post

mamya

3rd October 2009, 22:15
I thank you now and hope to thank you in the future too. All I really like is feedback that something has helped ( a bit tough with my cryptic clues )LOL
9 of 19  -   Report This Post

robtherich

3rd October 2009, 22:17
Whisper it gently: it's Robin (goddam my mother), ergo the pun. I'm rich only in carrots, courgettes and the last of the tomatoes. Oh, and... No, that's it.
10 of 19  -   Report This Post