CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

leon

15th July 2012, 10:00
any help out there with the final instructions, I have a complete grid and if anyone needs any answers just ask
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

mrmournful

15th July 2012, 11:23
Copy grid, clear or black out cells as per "a to m", use definitions to fill (not essential for submitting puzzle, could just do highlighting).
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

leon

15th July 2012, 11:31
thankyou very much mrmournful
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

brivet

16th July 2012, 10:15
So what are the definitions for? I have understood the first bit for a week now - but can't see how the definitions relate to the "reduced" grid nor how this enables the 5 to be highlighted - could you give me a slightly more explicit nudge?
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

mrmournful

16th July 2012, 10:40
definitions are clues to fill in the second blocked grid, is not completely necessary though. but the full hidden phrase is there, short form is in first barred grid which is submitted.
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

brivet

16th July 2012, 15:02
Thanks Mr Mournful - so if I've understood correctly the second (partial) grid is filled using the definitions and 5 of these match the original grid fill and are the ones to be highlighted?
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

mrmournful

16th July 2012, 16:11
there are only 5 Letters to be highlighted in first grid, they are quite easy to spot without doing the second in my opinion, considering the title.
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

brivet

16th July 2012, 16:16
Mr Mournful - that dawned on me 10 minutes ago - what an anticlimax - and thanks for your help.
8 of 8  -   Report This Post