CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

15th July 2012, 00:00
An earlier post gave the answer to this as ONAGER, but the wordplay also fits RAPIER - any suggestions?

Turning back, one page in the middle shows the weapon ('turning back' - REAR 'one page' IP)
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

tonyw

15th July 2012, 00:05
Not only does onager not work with the word play but it is a wild ass which does not fit the clue.Rapier looks good to me.
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

phillip

15th July 2012, 00:06
brendon, have a bit more faith in your own ability, of course you are right with rapier - it fits the clue. you don't need anyone to tell you that the clue has got nothing to do with a wild donkey,do you!
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

brendan

15th July 2012, 00:09
Thanks guys, the problem was that the answer ONAGER went unchallenged, even though there were several replies from numerous posters - and ONAGER is a medieval weapon.
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

phillip

15th July 2012, 00:14
brendan, I didn't know that an onager was any sort of a weapon, but it doesn't fit the clue, only the definition. rapier,as you saw yourself fits the def and the wordplay. sorry if I came over a bit preachy.
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

tonyw

15th July 2012, 00:15
And the onager weapon is named after the wild kicking donkey.
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

brendan

15th July 2012, 00:16
Thanks guys
7 of 7  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » DM Sat.