CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

13th July 2012, 07:57
Quickest ever Araucaria, but another proof he hasn't lost his touch at all!(Chris: I'm away for the day).
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

chrise

13th July 2012, 08:08
Well done, greedy kite. I'll look at it when my wife has finished with the paper.
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

chrise

13th July 2012, 09:06
Finished now - didn't enjoy it very much, in fact, as, having worked out the first word in 2dn, I solved all the other "themed" ones from definition alone.
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

13th July 2012, 17:04
Well, forgotten all that now. Went for lunch to my favourite place in whole of Gers: "Bastard" (!) at Lectoure. If you ever come back, that's THE place to go --- and not even expensive!
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

chrise

13th July 2012, 17:05
What did you have? Did it involve goose fat at all?
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

13th July 2012, 18:59
Not at all! Salmon "flashé" (very briefly in the pan) with a kind of vanilla sauce;an excellent sort of shepherd's pie; and a delicious apricot dessert. Plus beautiful view etc. The cook can ALWAYS be relied on for creative ideas at a reasonable price. One of my "coups de coeurs" here!You must come: I'd take you there immediately (friday is market day, and in summer is a big photography exhibition). Google Lectoure website & you'll see!
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

chrise

13th July 2012, 19:41
Looks wonderful, but challenged my French - I'm better in Italian (having learnt it more recently - last French I did was 45 years ago)
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

chrise

13th July 2012, 19:51
and the reason for the goose fat query is that I have Anton Mosimann's "Memories of Gascony" cookbook, and lots feature goose fat - also I remember the farms with geese (and the "Gauloise dog" that went grwwwooof grwwwooof when I jogged past in the early morning - this was several years ago!)
8 of 8  -   Report This Post