CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

emrach

12th July 2012, 19:33
Just in case anyone was wondering where I have been - not for one minute I am presumming anyone was. My PC won't turn on properly and is constantly on sleep mode - don't know if there is an easy solution - any way always considered myself a luddite until the last few days without the internet. Upshot - I have bought a new laptop and now back in the virtual world that is the internet. Unfortunately no clues to post!!!
1 of 14  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

12th July 2012, 20:17
Welcome back emrach, I hope you and your laptop will have many happy years together:-)
2 of 14  -   Report This Post

emrach

12th July 2012, 20:20
Thanks Mrs Trellis for your reply now I don't feel completely like a saddo for putting the post on
3 of 14  -   Report This Post

pipesmoker

12th July 2012, 20:21
Well do I understand your plight, emrach. My wife undid something on our computer a couple of weeks ago, and nothing would induce the internet to kick in. I took the tower to the local fixit shop, and tried to tell them what had happened. The lady said that at seven years old, it was so out of date that it wasn't worth repairing. I consider seven to be quite young, but in exchange for more than £500, she did a rebuild for me. She and her assistant spoke away in the incomprehensible language that is computerspeak. I merely nodded from time to time, hoping that this was the correct moment to nod. Still, glad you have found a way to be back on line.

P
4 of 14  -   Report This Post

barrycat

12th July 2012, 20:22
Emrach, regulars are always missed.
5 of 14  -   Report This Post

emrach

12th July 2012, 20:30
Thanks Pipesmoker When it came down to it I wasn't prepared to spend £400 for a 1 month warranty and like you I thought 6 years wasn't passed it. Oh the speed of technology wish I was as fast !!!
6 of 14  -   Report This Post

emrach

12th July 2012, 20:31
Thank Barrycat even the daft ones !!!!
7 of 14  -   Report This Post

chrise

12th July 2012, 21:08
I DID wonder where you were - good to have you back.
8 of 14  -   Report This Post

emrach

12th July 2012, 21:25
Thanks ChrisE Its crazy how I missed my cryptic fix !!! Birthday tomorrow a Greek night with friends - love authentic Greek food - hope the golf is going well, we actually had sunshine today in sunny Glasgow. Hope your are enjoying your holiday if you are still on holiday and hope you had a good holiday if your now home.
9 of 14  -   Report This Post

chrise

13th July 2012, 07:30
Hi emrach
Back now - good golf yesterday (in sunshine!)
10 of 14  -   Report This Post