CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bullfrog

2nd October 2009, 12:52
I'm with Mamya on giving hints for answers to this type of quiz. I don't do them myself, but I'm puzzled as to some people's motives for doing them -- is it a bit recreational mind exercising, or is it purely in the hope of winning a prize? If it's the former some people seem to put up requests for help rather too quickly -- which I think is Mamya's point, and the point of giving hints. Also, like most people here, I'm happy to offer any help I can to anyone, but I do wonder when sometimes (not in this case) people post virtually a whole quiz and ask for help.
11 of 25  -   Report This Post

mamya

2nd October 2009, 13:00
Bullfrog, thanks for seeing my point of view. I am not making judgements especially in this case
as only one is asked .
Maybe as I have recently become a devotee of this
type of quiz, its made me a bit precious, do hope
not.
But still love to help if I can.

Ps this question has gone haywire on my screen
is it the same for all??
12 of 25  -   Report This Post

trevor

2nd October 2009, 15:13
point taken.
the screen goes like this when there are quote marks (or maybe any punctuation except ","and ".")in the title of the thread if it goes to more than 1 page.
13 of 25  -   Report This Post

mamya

2nd October 2009, 15:18
Oh I see

Thanks Trevor hope we remian friends LOL
14 of 25  -   Report This Post

trevor

2nd October 2009, 15:29
Somebody else pointed out this strange effect.
I think just about everyone who uses this site is great.I would miss you if you stopped posting.
John from Arran and BigDave have been quiet lately.
15 of 25  -   Report This Post

mamya

2nd October 2009, 15:52
Indeed they have, maybe holidays. Lets hope so

M
16 of 25  -   Report This Post

ejay

2nd October 2009, 16:19
just come in from a hard day at the salt mines - didn\'t quite expect the response I received - glad you all enjoyed this. Now....this quiz freak still needs just one more answer - and by the way I got drink and drive myself today during lunch break.

No 61. Helpful tips 5-3-8 Any ideas - and, yes, I would consider that the middle one is \'and\' Cheers
17 of 25  -   Report This Post

trevor

2nd October 2009, 16:37
Hi ejay
did you drive to a pub for
your lunch?
I am bad at giving clues
especially when I don't know the answer(as in this case).
Just thought I'd say Hi because I sorta hijacked your thread. sorry.
18 of 25  -   Report This Post

mamya

2nd October 2009, 16:42
My stab at your remaining one
is so obscure, I won`t even hazard
a clue

Good Luck with it

M
19 of 25  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

2nd October 2009, 17:53
Trevor scrobe:

John from Arran and BigDave have been quiet lately.

and Mamya scrobe:

Indeed they have, maybe holidays. Lets hope so.

Not holidays I'm afraid but a lot of work for the http://www.arranartsfestival.co.uk/>McLellan Festival (lighting and sound for two concerts, two plays and a play reading). Some respite now until the pantomime in December when we are putting on Cinderella; although I've still got a pantomime clock to build in the next few weeks.

As for Big Dave, he's the Telegraph guru and there haven't been a lot of of DT related queries in the past few weeks. However I expect he's lurking out there waiting to pounce.
20 of 25  -   Report This Post