CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

trevor

1st October 2009, 15:08
1 Crystal Gayle
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

trevor

1st October 2009, 15:17
4 Outhere Brothers
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

janome

1st October 2009, 15:57
thank you so much Trevor
what would we do without you
janome
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

trevor

1st October 2009, 16:09
re clue 2.
I assume the word is Green so I've been looking for an anagram(green alien),if it is I can't find anything.Maybe I'm barking up the wrong-un.
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

jimc

1st October 2009, 16:44

Janome wrote that the answer to no.1 is to be hyphenated (7-5) but the answer was given by Trevor as an unhyphenated Crystal Gayle and I'm sure that Trevor is right.

Just a thought for clue no.2 .... there is the unhyphenated (or should that be 'un-hyphenated' ?) singer's name Rosie LeDet which fits the 'prickly' & 'alien' parts of the clue but I can't see how 'green' (or 'gree') would equate to 'LeD'. LEDs come in many colours now, and I don't get the past tense of 'lead'.

JimC
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

trevor

1st October 2009, 17:09
I suppose green could refer to easily led.
bit of a stretch tho.
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

coline

1st October 2009, 19:38
Jim C. I do not think it is meant to show hyphenated - merely a two word answer.
Some good answers there from you & Trevor.
Colin
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

trevor

1st October 2009, 20:22
hi ColinE.
If a clue was shown as (7,6) rather than (7-6) in a crossword,I guess it could be misleading but I just think of it as two (somehow linked,or a phrase)words.
I have no idea how or when to use hyphens.
10 of 11  -   Report This Post

janome

2nd October 2009, 08:15
thank you all so much for your help
Its realy nice to now that there are people willing to help each other ,to me thats what life is about ,i like to treat others how i would like to be treated , the only problem is that the people on this site are far more clever than me so i can not give as much as i would like!
special thanks to Trevor
11 of 11  -   Report This Post