CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mrs trellis

4th July 2012, 16:39
Where are you? Missed you on the Genius thread. Hope you're ok :-)
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

5th July 2012, 13:21
Hi, Mrs T! Nice to hear someone misses me here! Yes, I had a great trime in England, seeing very old friends at That (Unnameable) Other Place, in London & in Somerset, even eating fantastically every day, but not without the daily puzzle or two. My friend has a computer but no printer, so have only just received The Monster direct from Les, as I'm too stupid to download it with my machinery here (don't ask me why, it just wouldn't work any possible way).On top of that returned to the triumphant news that my years-long battle with the tax authorities has ended with a K.O. for the lady boss involved: she's even being reported for attempting to extort unwarranted taxes out of me: I happened to meet on a forum in the nick of time an expert of unusual experience who promised to fight for me without practically any real fee, on the principle of defending the citizen against an unscrupulous state --- this is Revolutionary France!On top of that my dearly beloved cat was allowed to speak to me on the phone, etc etc. So Iam more than well!Can't remember ever contributing to the Genius discussions, but I feel honoured that you regard me as capable of it!Anyway sommetime I'll get round to today's Speccie (do you do that?)but my partner nr Nottingham (mustn't reveal her identity) is on holiday in Egypt at the mo.How about replacing her as my "confidante" on CS if the going gets rough???!!!
Keep smiling, and thank you again for your interest:it seems genuine friendship can (also) arise from these forums, of which I knew nothing until just over a year ago. Just imagine, for years I used to regularly scratch my hair out on the Sat. Guardian alone, then send it in much too late for it ever to arrive on time, let alone win (well it did once, actually).
Keep on trying, & expect to see you soon somewhere again: there are enough opportunities (but I'll never bother with The Listener a second time).
Keep well, gk.
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

chrise

5th July 2012, 17:47
Hi greedy kite,

Good to hear that you are still well and enjoying yourself.

No doubt we will speak again in the future.
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

sallyw

5th July 2012, 17:50
Hello there!
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

rosalind

5th July 2012, 18:48
gk
Do you mean you once won?
A win over tax authorities is cause for celebration any day. Cheers!
I see the French are going to tax people with French holiday homes even more. Bet that's not allowed under EU regs. Bet they do it anyway.
Went to Egypt once, never again.
Roz

5 of 6  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

5th July 2012, 21:51
Hi gk, glad to hear all is well with you on so many fronts. Sorry if I'm getting confused, I'm sureI've seen you on the Genius thread (amongst others obviously). Glad you came back to Blighty for the best of the weather.
Also nice to see you sallyw, was wondering where you had gone too!
6 of 6  -   Report This Post