CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrisg

4th July 2012, 07:37
Good Morning all. I hope you are all in good health (despite being unable to top up your vitamin D because of the lack of sunshine!) Lots of anagrams in this weeks puzzle but a tad harder last weeks I think. I struggled on a couple (12a and 6d) Favourite clue is 10a.
1 of 17  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

4th July 2012, 08:11
Good Morning chrisg
Yes, a bit trickier this week, but that's good. 10a was witty. I also liked 5d.
10a I had every other letter so had to work around that.
Hope everyone is in good spirits. Off to have breakfast. Have a good day all. J
2 of 17  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

4th July 2012, 08:35
typo 12a (every other letter)
3 of 17  -   Report This Post

molly

4th July 2012, 11:05
I have been doing this crossword for about a year and this is the first time I've found it easy! I really struggled last week but this week the answers just fell in to place and I polished it off in one sitting instead of several days!
Just goes to show...
4 of 17  -   Report This Post

magworth

4th July 2012, 11:59
Morning all! I thought no one was going to check in this week. I liked 21 ac. I`d got the obvious answer but took ages to work out why !
Molly - I think after a while one gets into the mind set of the compiler. I think he/she`s changed - there was always a clue about a `flower` which turned out to be a river1 M.
5 of 17  -   Report This Post

chris4food

4th July 2012, 16:51
Hi All, didn't get the RT until this afternoon, but finding it harder than last week's. Rattled though about 3/4s then hit a glitch!
12a found easy, cos I watched her latest drama. Still working on 10a
Hope your probs are sorted jazzgirl - glad to see you with us still!
6 of 17  -   Report This Post

cantersue

4th July 2012, 17:48
Enjoyed this week. Specially liked 15a and 2d.
Chris4food I think 10a is clever. The whole word is the waste food (don't think it's allowed any more) made up of two words for what a chauvinist *** would leave for his descendants.
7 of 17  -   Report This Post

chris4food

4th July 2012, 17:49
Sorted - except for 2d got an answer - another word for racket [was thinking tennis cos of Wimbledon!!] but I've got -O-S- Just wondering if the word 'is' has been left out, then it would be an anagram [sort of!]
Anyway, can someone please put me out of my misery - I've just had dinner and it's causing me indigestion....
Great news on your achievement Old gal - well done - I know I couldn't have done it....
8 of 17  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

4th July 2012, 18:29
chris4food
2d one = i
inside something that "runs" (when you have a cold?) The whole word = a racket made by something too loud.
J
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

cantersue

4th July 2012, 18:30
Chris4food. Racket is as in "din". To make it you have to put one (I) into something which runs on our face.
10 of 17  -   Report This Post