CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ninian

1st July 2012, 22:51
Thought 'Countryfile' was great advert for your isle, no wonder you emigrated. Keep it as it is.
1 of 10  -   Report This Post

bernie

2nd July 2012, 13:52
Just bringing this back to the front page so andy sees it!
2 of 10  -   Report This Post

andyc

2nd July 2012, 13:59
Thanks Bernie, I had missed it.

Yes Ninian I did see the programme, it included some lovely pictures of the island.There has been some very positive TV coverage recently. I hope that it boosts the tourism levels, there aren't many people here currently, but the weather has been absolutely awful of late. I hope your wife enjoyed here recent trip here. All the best to you.

Andy
3 of 10  -   Report This Post

twm

2nd July 2012, 14:09
I didn't see the TV programme but I heard Mark Steel today on Radio 4 - he was taking a sideways glance at the Island. I found parts of it very amusing.
I really like the Island so hope that the inhabitants don't feel he did them a disservice.
4 of 10  -   Report This Post

andyc

2nd July 2012, 14:13
I didn't hear that Twm. I'll see if I can catch it later. Thanks.
5 of 10  -   Report This Post

ninian

2nd July 2012, 14:25
Hi andy,yes she really had enjoyable visit, fortunate with the weather as we were in Scotland.She was bit miffed waiting outside Cosy Cafe for you. Sometimes think programmes like that give better outlook of places rather than outright tourism 'plugs'.
6 of 10  -   Report This Post

ninian

2nd July 2012, 14:29
Or is it Cosy Nook?
7 of 10  -   Report This Post

andyc

2nd July 2012, 14:30
Yes you are right they tend to have a more rounded approach. Sorry I missed your missus but we might have walked next to each other without even knowing! That's the funny thing about this forum.
8 of 10  -   Report This Post

andyc

2nd July 2012, 14:33

ninian

2nd July 2012, 14:49
She was the one with DM coffeebreak pinned to lapel!Will watch repeat of programme whenever it's on.
10 of 10  -   Report This Post