CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

1st July 2012, 17:09
Let me know what you feel about this idea guys.

We can still offer our expressions of approval and recognition to personal favourites on the PLAUDITS thread by Paul.
But what about, after I have published the explanatory notes on the wordplay file along with the solution page, all the people who have attempted or completed the Joint Effort votes for their top 5 or top 10 or whatever would be an agreeable amount.
I could open up voting for (lets say) 48 hours or just give a closing time and day, to give everyone a chance to pick their favourite choices, and then award points in order, ie. 1st = 10 points, 2nd = 9 points, 3rd = 8 points etc. then publish the overall winner (or winners if tied) and award a virtual prize like we do on the Peer Review.
We could vote on the forum or if people want it to be a closed vote, we could just use my email address and I can correlate all the scores and publish a final winners (and runners up) gallery. I could add the names of all who voted, but leave out their actual voting choices.
I think it would be quite good fun.

Thoughts are welcome.
1 of 4  -   Report This Post

chrise

1st July 2012, 17:30
I'll get right on to doing the crossword so that I can take part in the voting!
2 of 4  -   Report This Post

peterm

1st July 2012, 17:42
I think the “Joint Effort” is a fantastic initiative - one of the best things on the site. Personally, I would not be in favour of any sort of subsidiary “best clue” competition. I think one of the reasons that it works so well is precisely because of the non-competitiveness. I say, keep things as they are and let it remain a bit of fun.
3 of 4  -   Report This Post

jws

1st July 2012, 20:20
Hi Les, worth a try but I'm not sure how fair it might be. I have finished this time but I have a number of queries. I think I prefer the informal approach where people list their favourite clues.
4 of 4  -   Report This Post