CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

30th June 2012, 15:58
Afternoon all,

What a bloody nightmare this is, I'm just borrowing my mate's internet to touch base. He's just setting up an old laptop to my wi-fi and putting on some security protection, so I will be back online again later hopefully. Can't get anywhere with my home PC, it's just coming up with a block-out due to security threat. I can access any other website, so can't see it being my computer.
Thanks to all who helped getting the JE out today. If I can't get back on, then I will use the laptop but it overheats pretty quick so can't stay on for long.
I can still be contacted via email with no problems if anyone hears any news of the block-out which may help me.

Thanks for all the input for the "Joint Effort"

Les40

PS. Got AB's completed Joint Effort back in an email 3 hours ago. Smartypants!.... only kidding, well done mate, I'm impressed.
1 of 3  -   Report This Post

chrise

30th June 2012, 16:02
Hi les,
I think a recent AVG update is causing the problem. I am blocked on my up-to-date desktop, but this old laptop is OK. It has AVG, but I haven't updated it recently
2 of 3  -   Report This Post

les40

30th June 2012, 16:08
AH, cheers Chris, it's since my AVG updates that the problems started, now we have something to go on.
What I will do Chris, is strip off the security stuff then reboot the security package and see if that works, may take a while, but will get back to you ASAP with outcome of this.
Thanks again mate, hopefully see you soon
3 of 3  -   Report This Post