CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

paul

28th June 2012, 19:36
PEER REVIEW 27

Since I came second last week, I will do the honours. If DJA reappears perhaps he would be kind enough as to arbitrate, otherwise I will. I might just enter as well!

This is a competition for clue setters. The idea (like CLUELESS) is to set a cryptic clue to a given word, unlike Clueless you will be judged by your peers and not the setter of the clue word.

Multiple entries are welcome. You MUST post a clue for your vote to count. One vote per contestant (not yourself) – please state the post number you are voting for.

The entry with the most qualifying votes wins and sets next week’s PEER REVIEW. In the event of a tie the setter chooses the winner.

There is a (roughly) one day time frame. Your clue must be posted by 1.30pm Saturday this week, when voting opens. Voting closes at 8pm Saturday, the winner to be announced shortly afterwards.

Early voting would be appreciated, if the result is clear prior to the voting deadline it may be announced before 8pm.

The setter donates an online prize. The setter reserves the right to change the rules in order to deal with unforeseen circumstances.

Feel free to include an explanation of your clue just in case solver-voters cannot appreciate it.

The word to be clued this week is

ABSENTEEISM
1 of 77  -   Report This Post

pastille

28th June 2012, 19:44
Habitually not showing up i.e. basements. (11)
2 of 77  -   Report This Post

trevor

28th June 2012, 19:48
I'm told it is bad Golfing for a start, but to not turn up at all is just...(11)
3 of 77  -   Report This Post

imagcq

28th June 2012, 19:52
semite cooks with beans hes never around?
4 of 77  -   Report This Post

francis

28th June 2012, 19:56
Be a teen miss somehow but make a habit of not turning up.
5 of 77  -   Report This Post

francis

28th June 2012, 20:12
"Wish you were here !" Headmasters postcard unhappy about state of affair.
6 of 77  -   Report This Post

ab

28th June 2012, 20:16
Blif? (11)

7 of 77  -   Report This Post

francis

28th June 2012, 20:17
Missing apostrophe:

"Wish you were here !" Headmaster's postcard unhappy about missing flock.
8 of 77  -   Report This Post

lionheart

28th June 2012, 20:48
Lack of presence shown by opening characters seems inept, lacking in power and muddled (11)

[def = opening characters (A+B) + anag of (muddled) 'SEEMS INEPT' minus P (power)]
9 of 77  -   Report This Post

djawhufc

28th June 2012, 20:55
Apologies I have no excuses other than I forgot.

I will adjudicate if people want me to. If however others feel as Rambler then I will withdraw from the field and let Paul do so if he doesn't mind.

Please let me know what you all think.

Apologies once again and many thanks to Paul for stepping into the breach.
10 of 77  -   Report This Post