CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

18th June 2012, 15:23
Just to keep you on the ball with the "G" & me:just cancelled my subs. having discovered it does take 5 days to arrive & that was just too expensive. Also, I found last Monday & Tuesday's puzzles unusually difficult: you realize there's always help on "fifteen squared"? Doesn't mean I shan't be looking in, as I still think they're amongst the best around --- but I see you have plenty of partners for support anyway!And I shall continue sending in Saturday's by snail mail (TINA!).Araucaria seems easy compared with Arachne & Picaroon! In any case have fun every day (what do you do on Sundays?!)!!!!
1 of 5  -   Report This Post

chrise

18th June 2012, 15:26
Hi greedy kite,
Thanks for the update - I'm sure we will bump into each other on the forum. On Sunday mornings I play golf, and we don't find any of the Sunday papers very satisfactory, so I don't do a crossword that day.
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

18th June 2012, 17:01
You're dead right: I'm glad I stopped paying 5 Euros every Monday into Murdoch's pocket:the puzzles didn't even appeal to me.
It was actually difficult to decide to do without the G.: I still find it much more attractive than anything else on the market.Never mind:I'll stick around.
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

chrise

18th June 2012, 17:44
The Kindle version of the Guardian is generally thought to be the best daily paper in this format. If you have a Kindle (which I recommmend) and a wi-fi connection, you could get the paper first thing every day. When I was in South Africa I kept up to date that way.
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

18th June 2012, 19:39
Thanks for the tip, but I am not likely to buy a Kindle in the near future!
5 of 5  -   Report This Post