CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

macmillanquizzer

18th June 2012, 09:02
The Summer Quiz for Macmillan Cancer Support is available both by online donation at http://www.justgiving.com/theSummerQuiz2012 and by post from
'The Summer Quiz'
c/o The King's Head
19 Maiden Lane
STAMFORD
Lincolnshire PE9 2AZ
by sending SAE (large enough for a folded A3 sheet) and cheque payable to 'Macmillan Cancer Support' for at least £2.

If donating by post, you might like to include a completed gift-aid form which can be downloaded from http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Donate/GiftAid/GiftAid.aspx

Copies sent in the post are A3 size which many people prefer. Electronic copies sent to online donors can be printed out on any size of paper your printer can handle.

The quiz consists of cryptic clues to the names of 100 famous women from across history and from across the world.

There will be prizes of £50, £30, & £20 in John Lewis vouchers for the first three correct entries drawn at random after the closing date of 10 August 2012.
1 of 68  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

18th June 2012, 10:11
Dave Cowley

I should like to record my debt of gratitude to my friend Dave Cowley who used to help proofread my quizzes for me and who passed away unexpectedly suddenly on Thursday 14th June aged just 57.
2 of 68  -   Report This Post

mamya

18th June 2012, 11:36
Oh that is so sad to read , so young, rest sweetly Dave ♥
3 of 68  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

18th June 2012, 14:08
Such sad news for you Richard.
My condolences to you
4 of 68  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

18th June 2012, 15:55
So sorry to hear your sad news Richard. May Dave rest in peace.
5 of 68  -   Report This Post

macmillanquizzer

19th June 2012, 09:51
Thank you for your kind words, Mamya, Jazzgirl, & Mrs Trellis.
6 of 68  -   Report This Post

pastille

19th June 2012, 17:03
Hi just went searching for the thread to take it to the top.

Sorry I must have missed it earlier, so sorry to hear your news..we too lost a friend last week, same age and with no warning.

It must be so hard for the family and close ones, take care.

P@
7 of 68  -   Report This Post

pastille

Sorry I must have missed it earlier, so sorry to hear your news..we too lost a friend last week, same age and with no warning.

P@
8 of 68  -   Report This Post

pastille

P@
9 of 68  -   Report This Post

pastille

19th June 2012, 17:04
Sorry...stuttering again!
10 of 68  -   Report This Post