CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

greedy kite

16th June 2012, 21:50
Yes, of course I could, but I thought I explained before, I actually intend to READ the paper, which I don't like doing online, and strangely enough, judging by the one that arrived today, it's going to be worth it: old news, yes, but so well done in every sense---it's my only contact with the homeland, you know --- a luxury you have to afford! Look forward to scrolling back to your queries where necessary, rather than just looking up solutions online. I'm that old-fashioned, you know --- and belong to that separate race known as g.-readers --- have done in fact for over half a century now!
11 of 15  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

16th June 2012, 21:52
Just realized: perhaps I ought to change my nom de plume to g-read-y kite.
12 of 15  -   Report This Post

chrise

16th June 2012, 21:57
I can only sympathise - of course I actually read it every day (though I have given up on the Observer on Sunday - gone off over the last few years).
13 of 15  -   Report This Post

rossim

16th June 2012, 22:02
GK You could do the crossword online and then read the belated news when your paper arrives.
Doing it online means no crossing or rubbing out so you could fill in a perfect grid later. Unless, of course, you never make any mistakes.
14 of 15  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

16th June 2012, 22:10
Thank you, rossim.What I do at the moment is download the Sat. prize one only at 1 am French time, do it quickly on paper with pencil, then send it off by snail mail hoping it'll be in B. by Friday. Haven't won for a couple of years though (even then they forgot to send the second book). Maybe you're right, I should do it online in future: at least I would know it's arrived on time (hopefully).
15 of 15  -   Report This Post