CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

15th June 2012, 13:47
Please give your support to this very worthy cause. We are almost half way towards the target. To donate online, visit:
http://www.justgiving.com/theSummerQuiz2012

For further details, see page 1 of the original thread.
Thanks
1 of 16  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

15th June 2012, 16:06
The Summer Quiz for Macmillan Cancer Support is available both by online donation at http://www.justgiving.com/theSummerQuiz2012 and by post from
'The Summer Quiz'
c/o The King's Head
19 Maiden Lane
STAMFORD
Lincolnshire PE9 2AZ
by sending SAE and cheque payable to 'Macmillan Cancer Support' for at least £2.

Copies bought online will be sent out from midday on Sunday 10th June.
Copies bought by post will be sent out from Monday 18th June.

If donating by post, you might like to include a completed gift-aid form which can be downloaded from http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Donate/GiftAid/GiftAid.aspx

Copies sent in the post are A3 size which many people prefer. Electronic copies sent to online donors can be printed out on any size of paper your printer can handle.

The quiz consists of cryptic clues to the names of 100 famous women from across history and from across the world.

The will be prizes of £50, £30, & £20 in John Lewis vouchers for the first three correct entries drawn at random after the closing date of 10 August 2012.
2 of 16  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

15th June 2012, 16:07
jazzy, hope you didn't mind me doing that - thought it might be easier for people than looking for the old thread when it disappears
3 of 16  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

15th June 2012, 16:09
Thanks Mrs Trellis. That's a lot better.
4 of 16  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

15th June 2012, 16:28
Brilliant idea, the pair of you: back to the quiz itself at last!Thank you and congratulations!
5 of 16  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

15th June 2012, 16:56
GK this is an interim thread in response to pastille's post asking if the old thread could be made "pretty again". I asked Richard who said he cannot post for a few days at least, so hopefully this will attract some more donations.
Looking forward to seeing Mr McQuizzy's new thread next week and hope he can enjoy the remainder of his break.
6 of 16  -   Report This Post

pastille

15th June 2012, 17:02
Thanks for that Jazzie and Mrs T...

I have a new tablet thing...and I can't seem to copy and paste etc. I was attempting to do it last night to no avail.

This is much better....

7 of 16  -   Report This Post

pastille

16th June 2012, 15:54
Good afternoon,

just bring this back into the limelight...
8 of 16  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th June 2012, 20:12
and again. It's a great quiz! I still have 10 not solved which are driving me mad.
9 of 16  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

16th June 2012, 20:58
Did we really agree once never to give even hints, or not? (I'm NOT being sarcastic: really don't remember for certain, otherwise might be able to point you in the right direction).
10 of 16  -   Report This Post